mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Evil_Dave mIRC Run As Windows Service - 29/11/05 10:25 AM
Hiya,

Does anyone know how to get mIRC to run as a windows service? I am trying to install as a service on a windows server 2003 machine. I have been using the SC.exe tool for this. It does add the program as a service however it will not start, returns with a error of 'not responding'.

You may ask why would i want to do this? Well basicly i want mirc to start up when the server does, and connect etc (i have scripts that deal with the connecting etc once mirc starts up), but without having to login to the computer. As a side note i use a registered copy so theres no need to click 'continue' on startup.

Any one any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave.
Posted By: Armada Re: mIRC Run As Windows Service - 29/11/05 12:29 PM
Add the mirc.exe to the startup list run "msconfig" and in the mIRC options turn on Connect on startup alt+o Under 'Connect' in 'Options'
Posted By: Evil_Dave Re: mIRC Run As Windows Service - 29/11/05 12:59 PM
Hiya,

Thanks for your reply, I have however tryied this already. It does not appear to allow me to add my own custom item here. If you know how to add a custom one please let me know laugh

You can of course get items to appear here by putting them in the startup folder of a user, but that requires a login before the program starts.

Thans for your time,

Dave.
Posted By: Evil_Dave Re: mIRC Run As Windows Service - 29/11/05 01:02 PM
Hiya,

As a follow on i have also looked into using the 7 startup reg keys, with no luck. I looked at:

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

2. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

4. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

5. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
RunServices

6. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
RunServicesOnce

7. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
RunOnce\Setup

Thanks again,

Dave.
Posted By: Evil_Dave Re: mIRC Run As Windows Service - 01/12/05 11:27 AM
no ideas anyone?

thanks in advange for anyone who does have any thoughts.
Posted By: DaveC Re: mIRC Run As Windows Service - 02/12/05 11:39 AM
never tried it myself but u might try...

KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogin\Userinit

String value, comma delimited init of proccessors run at startup (maybe startup) lol im not sure.
© mIRC Discussion Forums