mIRC Homepage
Posted By: SvL Color topic and auto voice bot - 16/11/05 05:16 PM
Hey ppl, im a totally newb IRC dude, who made a channel for my "crew" now i would like a bot who can voice ppl when they join, and i need to know how to make colorfull topic (i need to know the codes)
Plz help me smile
Posted By: SladeKraven Re: Color topic and auto voice bot - 16/11/05 06:34 PM
Code:
On @*:Join:[color:red]#YourRoom[/color]: {
  mode $chan +v $nick
}

/topic #YourRoom 4,1Red text black background8,9Yellow text green background8,12Yellow text blue background

-Andy

smile
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Color topic and auto voice bot - 16/11/05 06:40 PM
Autovoicing everyone:

Code:
on @*:join:[color:red]#yourchannel[/color]: {
  mode $chan +v $nick
}

Just replace the red part with your channel name.

For coloring the topic or anything else...

Ctrl-K (this will bring up a popup color chart if you have that option on) followed by the color number you want.

Ctrl-K followed by 04 will make the text following it be red. To change colors, just repeat. To return to normal, use Ctrl-O. To only return to normal colors, but not remove any bold/underline, just use Ctrl-K without any number following it. Ctrl-B = Bold, Ctrl-U = Underline. Repeat to end the bold/underline.

To turn on the color popup, Alt-O > Other > Keys. Check the Control-K box.

Remember that you don't put spaces after the Ctrl-K ... put the number right next to it so it looks like this:

04Hello.

(The box is Ctrl-K). Copy/paste that into mIRC and it will be red.

To change the background, include a second number with a comma between them:

04,14Hello.

That will be red text on a gray background.

Here's an example using various parts so you can try it out... just copy/paste it.

04This is red. 04,14This is red on a gray background. I just used Ctrl-O. This is bold. This is bold and underline because I didn't cancel the Ctrl-B with another Ctrl-B or Ctrl-O. I just used Ctrl-B, so this is just underline.

Copy and paste that into mIRC to see how it looks and read through it to see how it is done. That should get you the info on how to color your topic.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Color topic and auto voice bot - 16/11/05 06:40 PM
You beat me to it due to my long explanation. laugh
Posted By: SladeKraven Re: Color topic and auto voice bot - 16/11/05 06:49 PM
You call that long? Pfft! :P

SvL: Riamus2's post is more efficient because he used a detailed explanation and used 2 digits for the colours.. smile

-Andy
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Color topic and auto voice bot - 16/11/05 07:06 PM
Heh. smile

Just in explanation of single vs double digits on colors...

Although both methods work, you risk errors if you use single digit colors.

Consider this example:

If I want to make the number 120 white, I'd use either Ctrl-K 0, or Ctrl-K 00.

How would mIRC know that only the 0 is for the color? mIRC wouldn't know that, so would assume 01 is the color in the first example. So, you'd have a black 20 instead of a white 120. Using a double digit color prevents this.

The problem will only ever occur when the color is touching a number, so it's not often that using single digits would really cause a problem... but, it's better to be in the habit of using double so you're not surprised someday. laugh
Posted By: SvL Re: Color topic and auto voice bot - 16/11/05 08:30 PM
as i said im a noob where do i put in that code for the autovoice?

thanks for rest of answers smile
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Color topic and auto voice bot - 16/11/05 08:37 PM
Alt-R > File > New. Put it on whatever mIRC client is going to do the auto-voicing. Remember that the bot/user needs to be an op in order to be able to voice someone.
Posted By: SvL Re: Color topic and auto voice bot - 16/11/05 08:51 PM
is it under aliases, popups, remote, users or variables ?
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Color topic and auto voice bot - 16/11/05 09:02 PM
Remotes.
Posted By: SvL Re: Color topic and auto voice bot - 16/11/05 09:14 PM
thanks now i [censored] it up :P

my L bot left and i cant be op anymore
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Color topic and auto voice bot - 16/11/05 09:29 PM
Why did L leave you?
Posted By: FiberOPtics Re: Color topic and auto voice bot - 16/11/05 11:06 PM
In addition to the code you have recieved, you could also type the following command to auto voice any user that joins your channel: /avoice * #yourchannel in the correct server window where you want it to work. If you want to make it work on all servers, you can type: /avoice -w * #yourchannel

If at some point in the future, you want to disable this functionality you can specify this command: /avoice -r * #yourchannel if you had specified it first without the -w flag, and /avoice -wr * #yourchannel if you specified it with the w flag.
© mIRC Discussion Forums