mIRC Homepage
Posted By: h4ck0r86 /msg to channel - 03/11/05 12:29 AM
I have a ScrimBot that advertises information for scrims set up on a timer and activated by !scrimstart & !scrimstop. The only thing I am missing is the ability to send the content of a private message (sent to the bot) to a channel (preferably /notice #pugroupies). If anyone knows if this is possible or has any ideas please let me know. Also, if you'd like to see the script I'll be more than happy to include it.
Posted By: SladeKraven Re: /msg to channel - 03/11/05 12:46 AM
Do you mean this?

Code:
On *:text:!sendchan *:?: {
  notice #pugroupies $2-
}

Someone messages your bot with !sendchan Hi ! and the bot then notices the given chan with that message.

-Andy
Posted By: h4ck0r86 Re: /msg to channel - 03/11/05 05:36 AM
not quite...

Yes, i do want the text to be sent to the channel, as you suggested, but - I would like the source of the text to be anything sent to the bot in a private message (ie. if someone /msg BOT bla bal blah, I want it to be shown in the channel as /notice #pugroupies bla bal blah)

Thanks again,

Josh
Posted By: RusselB Re: /msg to channel - 03/11/05 06:37 AM
Code:
on *:text:*:?:{ .notice #pugroupies $1- }  

Personally I don't know why you'd want everything in a pm/query window relayed to the channel, but that should do it.
Posted By: h4ck0r86 Re: /msg to channel - 03/11/05 05:19 PM
Yes, that is exactly what I want thank you. To explain - I have a bot that on !scrimstart advertises in #findscrim & #calscrim for a 5v5 scrim west and whatnot. When someone PM's the bot because they want to scrim, I wanted the text to be displayed in the channel so anyone in the clan could respond & give that person the ip & password to the server. I will probably include the code you provided (modified with $nick : $1-) in a if statement that checks if the scrim timer is running and if it is copies the text to the channel. Thanks, you put the missing piece in my puzzle ; )
© mIRC Discussion Forums