mIRC Homepage
Posted By: reece1312 Need help - 18/09/05 04:19 AM
Hi, i know someone who has created there own Online Multiplayer game in mIRC. it is a wrestling game and is really good and i would love to make my own game.

Is there anyone on this forums who is clever enough to help me out becuase im dying to make a game lol.

If i ever make it and people pay to play it like a guy i know has, ill give the person who helps me some of the profit.

please let me know, Reece.
Posted By: SladeKraven Re: Need help - 18/09/05 05:09 AM
I really doubt anyone will help you code a full on game because it takes time and such.. You are most likely to get given pointers on where to start etc.. smile

-Andy
Posted By: reece1312 Re: Need help - 18/09/05 05:18 AM
yeh even that would do. like i said if it sells i will give em some money out of what i make. i know some but i need to understand the gameplay part.

this person has a REF script on the server side, we have named buttons and when u click a button (wrestlingmove) the ref responds and gives the opponent buttons (wrestlingmovs) to reverse the move, and the ref changes health and stamina dependin wether the move connects or not. the moves connect dependin on the stamina and health, and so on. its really good.
Posted By: SladeKraven Re: Need help - 18/09/05 05:27 AM
Here's an example of how it'd probably look like...

Code:
//echo -a $iif($rand(1,2) < 2,Doesn't connect,Does connect)

It's probability if the random rumber is 1, the move doesn't connect, if it's two it does connect. Give it a try. smile

-Andy
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Need help - 19/09/05 01:18 PM
Just a comment... mIRC scripts aren't usually very easy to sell because they are always "open source" because anyone can open them up and view them (unless they are fully DLL, of course). Very easy to share.
Posted By: reece1312 Re: Need help - 20/09/05 02:13 AM
yeh i know but the way the game is, the creator who uses the Ref script has a diff set of scripts and stuff.

noone but me would have the referee script, therefor the only scripts ppl wud get is the part that nothing can be done with unless they have the ref one. theres will just open the game and have buttons and stuff. the ref would be the one to respond to it all and actualy make things work.

if anyone on here is clever enough to actualy help me i would really appreciate it and it would be fun to make and run... if it sells, ill pay you for helping me and stuff... ?

let me know someone plz, reece.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Need help - 20/09/05 12:43 PM
Heh. Honestly, that's an even less likely way to get it to sell. That requires people to only connect to the network and channel you are on, and only play when you're on. But, good luck, anyhow.

Also, good luck with getting help writing an entire game. I'm already writing my own [free] game and other utilities and such, so I don't help write entire scripts... just with answering questions.
Posted By: reece1312 Re: Need help - 20/09/05 02:07 PM
Well one thing, its not only when i will be on, as this game a guy has is on 24/7 .

also, he has made alot of money with it, ppl r constantly buying new wrestlers and stuff.

what kinda game u making? gl wiv it.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Need help - 20/09/05 03:04 PM
People pay for the strangest things... well, if it works, good.

My current game project is 1-2 player Scattergories. And that's done except some bug squashing i'm working on right now. I also have a RPG in development, though I'm not sure if I'll bother finishing it. Much of it is done, but I'm not sure that I want to go through the trouble of setting up all the calculations for everything. And, I've done a lot of work on a multiplayer Monopoly game (old games themed) that is fully GUI, but I stopped once I got to the point of handling what happens on each space and how property and cards work. Those who have tested it with me keep bugging me to finish it, but it's just tedious work now, so I may or may not ever pick it up again. It's actually designed to run multiple games at the same time with multiple players per game (I forget the number of games that can be played off the server at the same time, or the number of players per game).

All my other projects I've completed, or am working on, are utilities and such (IRC Weather script, Invision Playlist script, and Kick/Ban Monitoring Window script for a few examples of released scripts). At some point, I plan to set up a webpage with all my completed scripts and info on the scripts I've started work on.
© mIRC Discussion Forums