mIRC Homepage
Posted By: buster2007 finding the log file - 31/08/05 07:07 PM
hello.
for example, if that nick is <testnick>, i tried simply looking in logs\testnick.log , but apparently there are all sorts of options for the logs in mIRC Options, and that could be logs\network_name\testnick.log or even with timestamps like logs\network_name\month\testnick.log etc.

is there a more simple way that i can find the log file for a specific nick? like if i want to display the name of the log file when the query opens with that nick.

secondly..what do i do with special characters, for example a nick like testnick|aw has a log with the name testnick_aw.log. how can i find that?
thank you.
Posted By: SladeKraven Re: finding the log file - 31/08/05 07:31 PM
Actually I believe they're stored like:
logs\Network\testnick.log

And if you have date enabled in filenames it would look like:
logs\Network\testnick.20050831.log

Code:
On *:Open:?:*: {
  var %x = $findfile($mircdir,*.log,0)
  while (%x) {
    if ($+(*,$nick,*) iswm $+(",$findfile($mircdir,*.log,%x),")) loadbuf $nick $v2
    dec %x
  }
}

Maybe something like that to check if $nick has a conversation with you previously then load it.
*shrugs* just an example/idea.

-Andy
Posted By: buster2007 Re: finding the log file - 31/08/05 08:16 PM
yep.. i guess that would work and that's what i'll probably do if i find no better solution, but that's a lot of hard drive access every time a query opens, especially if i have lots of logs (which i do) i was kinda hoping for something faster....

and still, the problem with special characters... still trying to figure out a solution smile
Posted By: SladeKraven Re: finding the log file - 31/08/05 08:23 PM
With the special characters I guess the $regex() function would probably do the trick, but I don't know about it so.. smile

-Andy
Posted By: buster2007 Re: finding the log file - 01/09/05 12:32 PM
maybe there is a way to "read" the options and see which kind of log it is (with network, month,week etc)?
help pls!
Posted By: buster2007 Re: finding the log file - 02/09/05 05:58 AM
pls.. nobody?
Posted By: dunkelzahn Re: finding the log file - 02/09/05 03:30 PM
search "mirc unleashed" by Merlin to read via mirc.ini !
Posted By: buster2007 Re: finding the log file - 02/09/05 04:29 PM
thanks very much smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums