mIRC Homepage
Hi!

I'm using a script that copies whole lines from a channel on servera to a channel on serverb.

on 1:TEXT:*PRE*: #CHANNELONSERVERA:{
if ((Pre isin $strip($1))) { /scon 2 /msg #CHANNELONSERVERB $strip($1-) }
}

This works.

BUT, it sends also lines I don't want.

These are the lines I want:

[PRE]::[DVX/UNKNOWN]::[Battlefield 2 GAMEGUiDE DVX]::[06/21/05 20:13:11]

and I don't want these lines:

!pre spurs

and

[PRETiME]::[SERiES-US]::[NBA.Finals.2005.Spurs.vs.Pistons.Game.5.HDTV.XViD-VSS]::[1d 9h 56m 39s ago]::[06/20/2005]

So I'm using on 1:TEXT:*PRE* in my script and want only the lines with [PRE] so I changed it to *[PRE]* but then it doesn't work. Howcome? Also [PRE] without the wildcards doesn't work.
on *:TEXT:*[PRE]*:#CHANNELONSERVERA:{ scon 2 msg #CHANNELONSERVERB $strip($1-) }
This well catch only lines with [PRE] (case insensitive) in them.
HOWEVER if there is colors in the line as in [PRE] then it wont match. becuase the color is characters.

on *:TEXT:*:#CHANNELONSERVERA:{ if ([PRE] isin $strip($1-)) { scon 2 msg #CHANNELONSERVERB $v2 } }
well match [PRE] being in with or without colors.
Quote:
on *:TEXT:*[PRE]*:#CHANNELONSERVERA:{ scon 2 msg #CHANNELONSERVERB $strip($1-) }
This well catch only lines with [PRE] (case insensitive) in them.
HOWEVER if there is colors in the line as in [PRE] then it wont match. becuase the color is characters.

on *:TEXT:*:#CHANNELONSERVERA:{ if ([PRE] isin $strip($1-)) { scon 2 msg #CHANNELONSERVERB $v2 } }
well match [PRE] being in with or without colors.

It was in colors indeed, the 2nd option works. FANTASTIC !!
what is the meaning of $v2 ?
Take a look at the help file (the help file has a fairly decent explanation of almost everything, you can view help on a specific topic by typing /help <topic> (in this case /help $v2))

Quote:
$v1 & $v2

Returns the first and second parameters of an if-then-else comparison. So, in the case of this comparison:

if (text isin sometext) { ... }

$v1 will return "text" and $v2 will return "sometext".
Ok thanks!

But now I've got another problem.

There is another type of line I want to copy the same way. But now the word is [NUKE] instead of [PRE]. So I copied the first code and changed the words [NUKE].

But this doesn't work. I know [ and ] are in color and I use the 2nd solution you gave me.

What can be wrong?

-edit-

it looks like this

on *:TEXT:*:#chan1:{
if ([PRE] isin $strip($1-)) { /scon 2 /msg #chan2 $v2 } }
}

on *:TEXT:*:#chan1:{
if ([NUKE] isin $strip($1-)) { /scon 2 /msg #chan2 $v2 } }
}
Scrap the code you have so far, it has a security problem.
Try this:

Code:
on $*:text:/\[(PRE|NUKE)\]/iS:#:{
  var %text = $strip($1-)
  scon 2 msg #chan2 % $+ text
}
Works smoothly, both nuke and pre now. Thank you so much !
And then another question, what if I want to send this too another channel as well.
Quote:
it has a security problem.

Oh dear, it did indeed, slipped right on past me, good catch.
hehe ok but how can i let this work for another channel too?
Code:
on $*:text:/\[(PRE|NUKE)\]/iS:#chan1,#chan2,#chan3,#chan4:{
  var %text = $strip($1-)
  scon 2 msg #destinationchan % $+ text
}
no there is one source channel but i need to echo it to a 2nd channel, that's what i mean

-edit-

So it's looking like this now

Code:

on $*:text:/\[(PRE|NUKE|UNNUKE)\]/iS:#CHANNELSOURCE:{

var %text = $strip($1-)

/scon 2 /msg #CHANNEL1 % $+ text

}

i need to send it to #CHANNEL2 too, on the same server as #CHANNELSOURCE so not on another server like #CHANNEL1
Code:
  var %text = $strip($1-)
  /scon 2 /msg #CHANNEL1 % $+ text
  msg #CHANNEL2 %text
}
Some networks allow multiple targets in a PRIVMSG (/msg) command, so you might also like to try the following;

Code:
  var %text = $strip($1-)
  scon 2 msg #CHANNEL1,#CHANNEL2 % $+ text
}
oops

channel2 was on network #1 tho frown
i've got a simple question.
i'm a newbie so all i want to know how exactly and where to put that script in
example where should i put the script in? in aliases.ini or in script ini or where?
and second how to write correctly the channel adress
on $*:text:/\[(a\]/iS:#chat irc.efnet.nl:
or simply like this, withour server name? or should i mention the servers name as well?
on $*:text:/\[(a\]/iS:#chat

thanks ahead!
That's an invalid regex you got there, since there's an opening bracket ( but not a closing one.

Where you put events, that is in the remote. In mIRC, press alt+r, which takes you to the scripts editor. Then navigate to tab "Remote" and paste the code there.

On text events are like: on <eventprefixes/userlevel>:text:<matchtext>:<location>:

So for you:

on $*:text:<some regex expression>:#chat:{
if ($network == efnet) {
; do things
}
}

I use a check for network being efnet, instead of $server == irc.efnet.nl, because you might not always be on that specific server on efnet.

For some more information about on text events, check here
well i've tried to edit that but still nothing happens - maybe you'll shou me where's the mistake ?

on $*:text:*:#channel1 {
if ($network == irc.efnet.nl){ var %text = $strip($1-) scon 2 msg #channel2 {
if ($network == irc.lv) $+ text}
}
}
There are many mistakes:

First of all, since you are not using a regular expression as matchtext anymore, you should remove the $ event prefix. ALthough concidentally, in this case it is almost the same as if you wouldn't put the $ prefix, you should never use $ unless you'll use a regex pattern as matchtext.

Second,

if ($network == irc.efnet.nl){ var %text = $strip($1-) scon 2 msg #channel2 {

has many mistakes

$network returns a network, in this case, as I specifically said, it would return Efnet.
$server would return irc.efnet.nl, so as you see, that if comparison can never be true.

Thirdly, there must be a space between ) and {

Forth, you are setting a variable %text with value: $strip($1-) scon 2 msg #channel2 {
that doesn't seem right.

Fifth, if ($network == irc.lv) $+ text} doesn't make sense at all.... I don't even know what you want to do with that.

You should just tell us what you want to do, and we will code it for you, as this is going nowhere.
i want to echo a line from a server on example efnet network(or even all lines) to another channel on another server (for example on irc.lv network
like this topic was about it.
there are many variants of script in this topic and noone seems to work for me.
like i said already i'm a newbie and could not get things work right by myself.
What is the name of the network that you want to relay messages too?

In your example you are using a $cid of 2, but you don't realise that this can change with different sessions of mIRC or even in the same session of mIRC...

The multi-server scripting explanation can be found in the help file, type /help $cid, but it will be too hard for you to understand at this point.

I can see from your example, that you want to relay text from network EFnet, channel #chat, to another network. Tell me which network and channel, and I'll cook it up for you.
yes you're correct
i want to relay text from channel #chat on irc.efnet.nl (i always use this server) network to channel #tempchan (as an example, i'll change it later) on irc.lv network
Are you sure irc.lv is the name of the network?

On that network, type //echo -a $network

and let me know what it says.

Here's an example:
Code:
on *:text:*:#chat:{
  if $network == efnet {
    ; find the cid of network irclv where you are on #channel
    scon -at1 if ($network == irclv) &amp;&amp; ($me ison #channel) var % $+ cid = $!cid
    if %cid { 
     ; Set the active connection to network irclv
      scid %cid
     ; Relay the message on  #channel
      msg #channel Relay from #chat on Efnet -&gt; $+(&lt;,$nick,&gt; :) $1-
     ; Reset the active connection to the original one
      scon -r
    }
  }
}

heh well it's adress is irc.lv:6667 and your command reply the following : IRCLV
well thanks smile it works wink
many thanks!
well i've gopt another question

i'm using this script
Code:
on *:text:*:#chat:{
  if $network == efnet {
    ; find the cid of network irclv where you are on #channel
    scon -at1 if ($network == irclv) &amp;&amp; ($me ison #channel) var % $+ cid = $!cid
    if %cid { 
     ; Set the active connection to network irclv
      scid %cid
     ; Relay the message on  #channel
      msg #channel Relay from #chat on Efnet -&gt; $+(&lt;,$nick,&gt; :) $1-
     ; Reset the active connection to the original one
      scon -r
    }
  }
}

and it works fine, but what should i change if i want to catch only special line that are in color or bold (script now cathes all lines from the channel).
For example i need to catch these line (test)
tried to change first line to
on *:text:(test):#chat:{
but nothing happens cuz it's in yellow color
Well I've been reading this discussion on how to echo and I get most of the part. My question is How can I echo a Specific Part of A Line

on $*:text:/\[(PRE|NUKE)\]/iS:#:{
var %text = $strip($1-)
scon 2 msg #chan2 % $+ text
}

I understand the above code will show everything that has the 1st word PRE/NUKE, but what if I want to only see PRE's from something specific.

Example (used from Er1C's post):
[PRE]::[DVX/UNKNOWN]::[Battlefield 2 GAMEGUiDE DVX]::[06/21/05 20:13:11]

What if i only wanted to see PRE's from only DVX how would i go about entering that in a code? I'm confused myself on how to go about with this because its easier to echo the 1st word because it says PRE, but what about the last word, DVX. Any help is greatly appreciated. smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums