mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Name141 reading back lines from logs - 01/06/05 01:30 PM
is there an easy way to read back about 5-6 lines from a user's last PM so if you closed the PM you remember what they said without having to open the logs back up?

something like

On *:open:?:{ set -u1 %linesquery $+ $nick $lines( some way to find out there logfile.txt ) | echo 12 $nick $calc((%linesquery $+ $nick ) - 1) }

or something of that sort ?
Posted By: RusselB Re: reading back lines from logs - 01/06/05 06:25 PM
Once the window where the chat was taking place has been closed, the only way to get at the information is through the logs, presuming you did log.

Without knowing what format you've got setup on your system for storing the logs..ie: where the logs are stored and how the names are created, there's nothing more I can do at this point.

To view logs from within mIRC, click Tools - Log Files, which will bring up a dialog where you can search for a particular log
Posted By: Brax Re: reading back lines from logs - 01/06/05 09:29 PM
'Reload logs' Is not what you look for?
Posted By: RusselB Re: reading back lines from logs - 01/06/05 10:30 PM
not likely Brax, as Reload logs causes a log file that already exists to be loaded with the new chat information being appended to that log...it's fine if you only want one log file per nick, but some people, like myself, prefer to have log files that are dated and only contain chat information for that particular date.
Posted By: Name141 Re: reading back lines from logs - 02/06/05 02:11 AM
reloading logs would be fair, but i wanted just a short version of that.
Posted By: RusselB Re: reading back lines from logs - 02/06/05 03:24 AM
How are your logs being stored? an example of a filename of an actual log would be helpful.
Posted By: Name141 Re: reading back lines from logs - 03/06/05 01:54 AM
i was thinking, wouldn't a hashtable work for this the best way?

here's how i'd like for it to work...

there's about 5 line "buffer" the new line they just typed goes to 5.. 5 to 4 , 4 to 3 , 3 to 2, 2 to 1, 1 to unset.

anyway to do this ?
Posted By: DaveC Re: reading back lines from logs - 03/06/05 08:12 AM
Try this thread https://forums.mirc.com/s...p;Number=118213
© mIRC Discussion Forums