mIRC Homepage
Posted By: jlb00h this is how i start my script - 17/02/03 04:34 AM
its a remote script named "script.ini"
heres how i run it:

/remote on
/load -rs script.ini

anything i'm missing? cause Nothing happens wink
Posted By: Hindsight Re: this is how i start my script - 17/02/03 04:35 AM
hrmm well what exactly is in script.ini that you think should run?
Posted By: gerdigos Re: this is how i start my script - 17/02/03 01:07 PM
1)Are you using a "clean" mIRC or a script?
Scripts might have a protection mechanism that will unload every script on load. In that case, try typing:
/load -nrs script.ini
to deter the script from unloading your remote.

2)Make sure mIRC is listening to all CTCPs, Events and Raws. (Tools->Remote->Listen->enable all)

3)When a script is loaded, an echo informs you that it was successful. e.g.:
* Loaded remotes 'C:\mIRC\script.ini'

Check these out smirk
Posted By: jlb00h Re: this is how i start my script - 17/02/03 03:12 PM
/load -nrs script.ini

invalid switch

?
Posted By: gerdigos Re: this is how i start my script - 17/02/03 07:45 PM
Yeah, sorry: -nrs is only used when /unloading smirk
Posted By: jlb00h Re: this is how i start my script - 17/02/03 10:06 PM
the channel is [+nrt] ?
Posted By: Poppy Re: this is how i start my script - 17/02/03 10:29 PM
/load -rs script.ini
/remote on

OR...you could open up your mIRC editor and load it that way. Go to file->load->script...then locate it from there. smile
Posted By: jlb00h Re: this is how i start my script - 18/02/03 01:54 AM
Quote:
file->load->script

under file, there is no 'load'
and it seems that remotes are always ON by default
Posted By: Collective Re: this is how i start my script - 18/02/03 02:06 AM
Yes there is, look.

mIRC Editor, not the main mIRC window, or wherever you are looking.
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: this is how i start my script - 18/02/03 02:53 AM
on by defualt??? u have to load the things to have them even be used ...... and yes i do belive remotes are on by defualt ...... but mirc has not remotes in it when u dl it from the site or one of its mirrors ....... unless of course ur dl some other mirc script that has been modified ..... in that case then you have to go thru that script and find out why things arnt loding for u ...... chances are someone has something in there not allowing u to add things to it ....... but thats just a guess
Posted By: Cheech Re: this is how i start my script - 18/02/03 03:40 AM
just a thought but where is the file located on your computer you are trying to /load ?
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: this is how i start my script - 18/02/03 03:42 AM
it should be giving him some kinda message in status like loaded script name or cant find script name ...... thats what im not getting???
Posted By: Cheech Re: this is how i start my script - 18/02/03 03:58 AM
yeah altho i wonder if he allready has a script.ini file in remotes ? if so by default it would basically just update the existing file to my understandin ? i have never done it but would he recieve any msg at that point ? also i see often on my server where ppl are trying to script a loaded package like P&P etc which seems to cause much difficulty ? but i agree with you at a minimum he should get
* /load: no such file 'c:\mirc\yada.ini'
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: this is how i start my script - 18/02/03 04:19 AM
ok to test it i just typed in the name of an already loaded script in mine and got this result

* Loaded script 'C:\mirc\script.mrc'

what it basically does is reloads it ...... so even if he has it already loaded it should give that message and to test if its a madeup name that doesnt exist i got this result

* /load: no such file 'C:\mirc\script.ini'

so basically either way it should post some result ..... unless of course there is another script in there that is stopping the command from even being recognized and halting its display of such??? checking remotes clicking veiw and looking for the name of the remote trying to be loaded would show what has been loaded maybe checking there would shed alil light on a few things to even see if its loading what hes tryin to

as for it not doing anything ...... aside from that one line saying its loaded most scripts dont throw bells and whistles at u once u load them im not sure even what is tryin to be loaded to make certain what the problem is or the result that should be recieved
© mIRC Discussion Forums