mIRC Homepage
Posted By: malis theme system - 13/02/05 08:41 PM
Every time it says the same as the one which is being kicked.
on ^*:kick:#: {
echo $chan $form.kick($nick, $address, $chan, $1-)
haltdef
}
alias form.devoice return 3[ $time(H:nn) ] 0,3Kick0,03 $nick ( $+ $2 $+ ) was kicked by $4-
Posted By: DaveC Re: theme system - 13/02/05 08:55 PM
Quote:
Every time it says the same as the one which is being kicked.
echo $chan $form.kick($nick, $address, $chan, $1-)
haltdef
}
alias form.devoice return 3[ $time(H:nn) ] 0,3Kick0,03 $nick ( $+ $2 $+ ) was kicked by $4-

alias form.devoice is not being used alias form.kick is.

Also form.devoice and/or form.kick should not refrence $nick, but should use, if passed in the same manner $1 as this is the $nick, you may at a latter date decided to enhance you display by say going $form.kick(**** $nick ****, $address, $chan, $1-), if you continue to use $nick and not $1 then u loose the alterations you may choose to add to the nick. Also form.devoice and/or form.kick become harder to debug/test as you can not run them from the command line passing simulated information to them, as $nick well have no value.
Posted By: malis Re: theme system - 13/02/05 09:19 PM
I fixed that but when i kick someone it dispalys my name and is says as belows intead of the nick i kicked.
Kick Ace (~at@83-70-79-2.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net) was kicked by Ace
Posted By: Mentality Re: theme system - 13/02/05 09:32 PM
I would guess you're using $nick at both points. $knick refers to the nickname of the user being kicked, $nick refers to the nickname of the person doing the kicking.

Regards,
Posted By: malis Re: theme system - 13/02/05 09:39 PM
THANK YOU
Posted By: malis Re: theme system - 13/02/05 09:44 PM
But the only thing now is it does not say on my script **you were kicked by someone
Posted By: tidy_trax Re: theme system - 13/02/05 10:01 PM
That's because the channel window is closed when you're kicked.

Code:
  echo [color:red]$iif($knick == $me,-s,[/color]$chan[color:red])[/color] $form.kick($nick, $address, $chan, $1-)
  haltdef
}
Posted By: malis Re: theme system - 14/02/05 05:19 PM
tnx
Posted By: malis Re: theme system - 14/02/05 06:46 PM
Is there any other way to crete the script so it says in the channel Kick Ace was kicked by Doug and when it kicks you it says you were kicked form the channel by someone displayed in status>
Posted By: k1tkra04 Re: theme system - 14/02/05 11:59 PM
This is what I use, and it does what you want smile

Code:
on ^1:KICK:#:{
  if ($knick == $me) { echo -s You were kicked from $chan by $nick | halt | .return }
  echo #  14[15 $+ $knick $+ 14] was kicked by 14[15 $+ $nick $+ 14] 
  halt
}

Posted By: tidy_trax Re: theme system - 15/02/05 12:48 AM
Using halt is a bad idea, you should use return instead (The return you have in your code is never called)
Posted By: k1tkra04 Re: theme system - 15/02/05 01:18 AM
Maybe so... but it works smile
Posted By: malis Re: theme system - 15/02/05 11:48 AM
Thanks very much everything works now
© mIRC Discussion Forums