mIRC Homepage
Posted By: faulk dialog buttons - 20/10/04 12:59 AM
hey everyone faulk here again, got another question for some awsome person to help me with. basically what i am trying to do is making it so a user can put in a font with an edit box, and be able to change whether or not it is bold with a check box, and be able to see the output. so far i have been able to get the basic text and text output, but i can't figure out how to get the bold in when you click the button bold. my best guess is this:

on *:DIALOG:eSpam:sclick:*: {
if (($did == 400) && ($did == 900)) { /msg $active  $did(Test,500)seltext }
if (($did == 400) && ($did == 901)) { /window -e @test | /echo @test  $did(Test,500)seltext }
}

I thought this would work fine, but for some reason it doesn't add the bold variable. yes The bold is in there. if anyone has any ideas let me know thanks. - faulk
Posted By: Seifer Re: dialog buttons - 20/10/04 05:39 AM
First thing that I noticed is that you're not using the $did identifier correctly, you're missing the period (.) which seperates a property from the identifier.

$did($dname,ID).property

Posted By: faulk Re: dialog buttons - 20/10/04 04:37 PM
Yes, I know that there is supposed to be a "." in the $did function but for a similar code, which involves everything I have just shown you, it works without the "." for some reason. When I add the "." the script no longer works. wierd? Anyways I just need a way to add bold
Posted By: tidy_trax Re: dialog buttons - 21/10/04 05:27 PM
mIRC doesn't allow you to add control characters to dialog controls.

You could use mdx.dll or dcx.dll (google them both) to do it, but in mdx.dll, the richedit control is undocumented.
© mIRC Discussion Forums