mIRC Homepage
Posted By: eyeffect channelbar - 05/02/03 03:42 PM
hi (again), could anyone tell me if there is any command to place the channelbar on another side (left,right,bottom)? And there is on mirc.ini an item telling its actual position? 10x
Posted By: The_Game Re: channelbar - 05/02/03 07:51 PM
May be just as easy to drag and drop to where you want it...try clicking on the bar itself and hold it then drag it to where you want it!
Posted By: eyeffect Re: channelbar - 05/02/03 09:56 PM
? I asked for a /command or an item in mirc.ini that can tell the actual position. drag and drop it everybody knows... (!)
Posted By: Hammer Re: channelbar - 05/02/03 11:10 PM
Code:

alias ShowSwitchbar return $iif($gettok($readini($mircini, Options, n5), 23, 32), $true, $false)
alias SwitchbarPosition {
  var %Position = $gettok($readini($mircini, Options, n4), 21, 32)
  if (%Position == 3) return Right
  elseif (%Position == 2) return Left
  elseif (%Position == 1) return Top
  else return Bottom
}

if ($ShowSwitchbar) { commands }
if (($ShowSwitchbar) && ($SwitchbarPosition == Left)) { commands }
Posted By: Online Re: channelbar - 05/02/03 11:38 PM
But seems like it can't be controlled by /writeini. mIRC just doesn't save it.
Posted By: Hammer Re: channelbar - 06/02/03 02:05 AM
Well. I think you might find that it does save it; it's just that mIRC itself doesn't reread your changes to the file since it has already read it and knows what its settings are. The next time you use a built-in dialog to make changes, it will save again, overwriting any changes you made. You can force the save with /saveini (no parameters). This is useful if you alter a setting through a command. mIRC doesn't immediately update $mircini when you use a command rather than a built-in dialog. (It's the OK button that causes the write, which doesn't get called through a /command interface). That is why /saveini is available.
Posted By: Online Re: channelbar - 06/02/03 07:23 AM
Thanks for making it clear smile
Posted By: eyeffect Re: channelbar - 06/02/03 06:03 PM
are you sure that works in mirc 6.03? In my case didn't work. So if you know for mirc 6.03 please tell me. thanks
Posted By: Hammer Re: channelbar - 06/02/03 08:31 PM
I did not say it "works" at all...quite the opposite, in fact, and I explained why. Here's are better examples.
  1. Suppose you wrote to $mircini and added another filename to the end of [rfiles]. That was very well done! Good job. However, does that mean that you did the equivalent of /load -rs filename.mrc? No, not at all. When mIRC exits, it will rewrite the $mircini file with its current settings, blowing away your changed rfiles section anyway. And obviously, writing to that section is not at all the same thing as loading a remote script file.
  2. Suppose you are a beta tester for someone's script. They send you a file, you save it directly into your mIRC directory where you keep such files, choosing to overwrite the previous version with the new version. All's well so far, but why doesn't the new script work? You complain to the script's author and he tells you to /unload the old one first, then load the new one. But you find that when you /unload the current file, it overwrites the new copy with the old version, so you have to ask the author to send it again. The author gets all pissed off that you can't manage your files very well and strikes you from his beta list, putting you on his permanent UtterIgnore list.

Well, perhaps that wasn't such a good example; I should have picked an example where the author was a bit more PATIENT with his beta testers or who should have learned the value of the /reload command!!! It doesn't matter, it probably wasn't a very good script anyway.
  3. When you make changes to Windows' ini files, it asks you to reboot your computer to make the changes active.

Ok, that's a bad example too. mIRC doesn't require you to reboot your computer if you want to change your nick, so it's not much like Windows' registry management at all.
  4. If you
Oh nevermind. I never said it worked in v6.03.
Posted By: eyeffect Re: channelbar - 06/02/03 08:38 PM
ok, sorry. my mistake
© mIRC Discussion Forums