mIRC Homepage
Posted By: NightChillz Problem with /timer - 05/02/03 04:11 AM
Hey, i am having a little problem with calling a timer, along with identifers, for example:

.timer -m 1 400 whatever $nick $chan whatever

it doesnt send the $nick or the $chan, and it doesnt susing $!nick and $!chan either, now it doesnt do this ALL the time, cause it used to work, then it doesnt, then it doesnt, but sometimes the call to timer wont allow indentifers to be send along with it, even set $nick and $chan to variables. and tried the same with the variables, and still no go, no idea why, maybe a bug in mirc? maybe i am wrong, but i bet tomorrow, on in a few days, it will probably work fine :|

any ideas why it would be doing that?
Posted By: Online Re: Problem with /timer - 05/02/03 05:02 AM
Maybe $!!nick or $eval($!nick,0)
Posted By: MonoSex Re: Problem with /timer - 05/02/03 11:09 AM
Maybe these identifiers returns $null in the event you're starting timer from? Like $chan in 'on QUIT'.
Posted By: Online Re: Problem with /timer - 05/02/03 11:22 AM
I think he wanted to see the text '$nick', not its value.
Posted By: NightChillz Re: Problem with /timer - 05/02/03 06:40 PM
Ok, a little more clarity for you guys smile

for example, when I join a channel, and i have a dialog open with a nicklist in it, i have to send the channel name to an alias that gets all the nicks in that channel, and puts them into the dialog listbox, but when i sent $chan or $!chan on the timer, it doest send anything, and $chan is an identifer on join......
Posted By: Online Re: Problem with /timer - 05/02/03 06:48 PM
Perhaps use the "end of /names list" raw?
Code:

raw 366:*:{ echo Nicklist for $2 finished loading }

Anyway, if you had something like this in your On Join:
Code:

On me:*:join:#: .timer -m 1 400 whatever $chan

the timer should store the channel name and pass it to the alias it calls.
Posted By: NightChillz Re: Problem with /timer - 06/02/03 11:53 PM
Should is the keyword, and second, i have other timer that send the $chan and $nick, cause i dont always call these when "I" join, some are when anyone joins...and sometimes it works, sometimes it doest store the $chan or $nick, so i dunno,
Posted By: BeeBeeGun Re: Problem with /timer - 07/02/03 06:29 AM
if you start the timer within any of the dialog event, $nick and $chan are not defined. pick their value from %var you have set for the dialog
Posted By: NightChillz Re: Problem with /timer - 07/02/03 06:24 PM
it isnt happening on a dialog event, its happening on channel events, like on join, or on part........and like i said, i tried setting the nick to a var, and sending the var to the timer, but even the var wasnt being evaluated and returning nothing, and like i said, it does this sometimes, other times it works fine...maybe a bug in mirc or something
© mIRC Discussion Forums