mIRC Homepage
Posted By: sparta echo - 26/09/04 02:20 PM
I have a litle problem with colors in echo.. i made like a theme, it echo all messages on the channel to me with another style then mirc it self does.. the problem i have is that i use colors like: $chr(3) $+ $color(own text) .. now that works fine.. but if i want to type somthing in color in the channel: 4text . just as an example, then the theme wont return to the default color, it will go black, the  sign halt all colors.. smirk any way i can get a echo that ignore if i insert a  in the message? just doing the same as mirc do.. $chr(3) $+ $color(own text) text4colored textsame as $color(own text) ... hope you understand what i mean.. :tongue:
Posted By: Sigh Re: echo - 26/09/04 07:50 PM
When you echo, use the own text color: //echo $color(own) -a text here so that when you use ctrl+o or an ending color code it will return to using that particular color rather than the normal text color
Posted By: sparta Re: echo - 26/09/04 08:32 PM
how would i solve that ?`now it show:

< nick > own color text colored text black text
i want it to be..
< nick > own color text colored text own color text

so i want to force it to go back to $color(own text) when the colored text i typed is halted with the color char 
Posted By: Zyzzyx26 Re: echo - 26/09/04 09:24 PM
Like Sigh said, using Ctrl + O in an /echo will return to it's default color, set in the command:

/echo 12 * Hi [color:Red]04there, John![/color]
/echo 3 * This is a [color:blue]12test[/color]

The color numbers in bold are the echo's default color. Every text that is not being modified by another color code will return the default's color.

Zyzzyx smile
Posted By: sparta Re: echo - 27/09/04 02:01 PM
nope. add  "ctrl + o" will halt all colors, even the color set with $color(own text), the code looks like..
Code:
echo -a %tstmp $+ $chr(3) $+ %cbrackets $+ %right $+ $chr(3) $+ $chr(3) $+ %opcolor @ $+ $chr(3) $+ $chr(3) $+ $color(own text) $+ $me $chr(3) $+ %cbrackets $+ %left $+ $chr(3) $+ $chr(3) $+ $color(own text) %inptext | .msg $active %inptext | halt

%tstmp = time stamp
%cbrackets = color of brackets
%right = right chr.. for its < as a test
%opcolor = color of @ sign
$color(own text) = blue
%inptext = the text i typed..

this is my on 1:INPUT:*: {
added ctrl + o infront of %inptext didnt work
or did i missunderstand you? :tongue:
Posted By: Zyzzyx26 Re: echo - 27/09/04 04:33 PM
When I say the "echo's default color" (it's not an official name, I just call it that way) I mean the color you use in the command before the flags.

/echo [color] [-cdeghiNtsaqlbfnmr] [color name] [#channel|[=]nick] <text>
Prints text in the specified window using the specified color (0 to 15).

I took the above from the help file. If you specify a [color] (0 to 15), all the text that is not modified by other Ctrl + K codes will appeas with [color].
Note that it goes between the /echo and it's flags, if any. In this case, the Ctrl + O will return to [color] instead of the usual black (unless you don't specify a color at all).
Code:
echo [color:red]$color(own text)[/color] -a %tstmp $+ $chr(3) $+ %cbrackets $+ %right $+ $chr(3) $+ $chr(3) $+ %opcolor @ [color:green]Ctrl + O[/color] $+ $me $chr(3) $+ %cbrackets $+ %left [color:green]Ctrl + O[/color] %inptext | .msg $active %inptext | halt
If I interpreted your code right, the above your work.

Zyzzyx smile
Posted By: sparta Re: echo - 27/09/04 05:19 PM
nope, still dont work :tongue:
Posted By: Zyzzyx26 Re: echo - 27/09/04 06:29 PM
I tried over here and had no problems:

(I used random colors, but they worked fine).
%cbrackets 04
%right <
%left >
%opcolor 03
%inptext Hi there!
Code:
/echo $color(own text) -at $chr(3) $+ %cbrackets $+ %right $+ $chr(3) $+ $chr(3) $+ %opcolor $+ @ $+ $chr(3) $+ $chr(3) $+  $+ $me $+ $chr(3) $+ %cbrackets $+ %left $+ $chr(3) $+ $chr(3) $+  %inptext
On the above I just added a couple of $+ more. The char  represents Ctrl + O.

Result:

Btw, I think there are a couple of extra $chr(3) there, but they dont affect the echo.
Posted By: sparta Re: echo - 27/09/04 06:59 PM
thnx.. i had one $+ to may.. blush
Posted By: Zyzzyx26 Re: echo - 27/09/04 07:39 PM
Cool, glad it works! smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums