mIRC Homepage
Posted By: xrn0id the /font command - 01/02/03 05:11 AM
how do i change the font for custom windows, chats, pms, fingers, and stats? and make it defalut? can somebody show the extions and not redirect me to the /help /font?
Posted By: The_Game Re: the /font command - 01/02/03 05:34 AM
Somewhere theres an icon next to the "file" option....right click on it choose font....now if you wanna set a font on a custom window you would include this:

/font @windowname size font

and the buttons to click say on a Pm or what not you would right click on it and choose font...

Hope this helps ......im going off the top of my head so i hope im right
Posted By: xrn0id Re: the /font command - 01/02/03 01:49 PM
i know about the right clicking, but im making a script that changed the font for all those windows.
Posted By: arps Re: the /font command - 01/02/03 02:20 PM
Youll need to make an alias that counts your windows and then have it change all of them $chan $window etc. Using while loops works great for this.
Posted By: Hammer Re: the /font command - 01/02/03 02:22 PM
/font [-asgbd|window] <fontsize> <fontname>
This allows you to change the font for the current window. If no parameters are specified, the font dialog pops up, otherwise the specified parameters are used. You can make the font bold by using the -b switch.

The -a switch applies the setting to the active window, -s to the status window, and -g to the finger window.

The -d switch makes the font the default for that type of window, eg. for all channels, or all chats.

Note: If you use a negative number for the font size, it will match the size of fonts in the font dialog.

What that means for you is that your script can use the /font command using the -d switches to set the default font for all windows of that type.
Code:

font -d $chan(1) -12 Verdana
  font -d $chat(1) -12 Verdana
  font -s -12 Verdana
  font -g -12 Verdana

For any windows you find that it doesn't change the font for, use /window -a <windowname> to first switch to the window and then try using /font -ad -12 Verdana to set it. Note that you may or may not be able to set the font for that window...if it's hard-coded into mIRC, you're out of luck. I don't recall if there are any or not, you'll have to play with it yourself to find out. smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums