mIRC Homepage
Hi All,

OK, another brain dead afternoon here.
</begin rant> As we know its possible to add a user to the Auto voice and Auto Op list etc using the relevant command Avoice and Aop ( handy for placing in a popup for quickly adding someone to the relevant list ) smirk

What about removing the same person from the chosen list? confused
I just noticed this, there is no Rvoice or Rop option, like auser and guser have the ruser option, only its a different list, if you know what I mean. </end rant>

So at the end of that rant what am I asking? How do I remove someone from one of the A-lists without having to do it manually?

Any help is appreciated as always! wink

Regards,
Diz
/avoice -r nickname or /avoice -r nick!user@hostmask

Same for the /aop, /protect and /ignore lists.

Hope this helps smile

Regards,
Hi Mentality,

Thanks for the swift response, and I missed the other posters name that replied, thanks to you too. Although the second response will remove the address, thats not what I am looking for as it leaves the nick behind. And I have not specified an address anyway!

Anyhow, the /avoice -r nickname wont work. And you can try this for youself. I should have posted this earlier but anyhow, example follows.

I have a simple popup for the nicklist to add someone to the voice list, so maybe this is where I am going wrong, although it seems straight forward enough:
Add user
.Add 2 voice list : avoice -rw $$1

Thats it, now if I add say someone with the nick Vicki__UK it will add the following to the list:
Vicki__UK!*@* because i have specified the -r to remove the address and w makes it apply to any network.

Now if I do as you suggested, and please test this yourself, it will just *update* the entry for this user!!

So as far as I can see the switches ( -rw ) are working as intended!! It will not remove the user!

Any further ideas?

Regards,
Diz
Quote:

Add user
.Add 2 voice list : avoice -rw $$1

You wouldn't specify the -r switch if you were adding a user.

If you did:

"Add user
.Add 2 voice list : avoice -w $$1"

And then right clicked a nickname and clicked 'Add 2 voice list' you would get the correct return of * Added Nickname!*@* to auto-voice list.

If you then do /avoice -rw nickname then it will remove the nickname from the auto-voice list. If you specify the -w switch when adding a user, you must specify it when removing one too, but with the added -r next to it (hence -rw).

Hope this helps!

Regards,
.aop add: aop -w $$1 (adds the nick!*@*)
.aop del: aop -rw $$1 (removes nick!*@*)

avoice is the same

The -r is used to remove the entry, not to remove the address. Not specifying a 'type' makes it add the nick as nick!*@*
specifying a type ( aop -w $$1 3 ) will add the address instead of the nick ( *!ctrlaltdel@*.mirc.com )
you're just too fast grin
Hi Mentality,

Thanks a bunch, I was hoping it would be something simple, and as it turned out, you were right! wink
It now works, thanks again for the help! grin

Regards,
Diz
© mIRC Discussion Forums