mIRC Homepage
Posted By: rennir Parseing for the last color code - 06/03/04 01:30 AM
I'm working on a script that cuts up a long string of text into multiple posts so that no text is lost due to irc string restrictions. Now, the people i'm writing this for tend to use a lot of color codes, so I want my script to properly identify the last color code used before a specific point in this string and prepend it to the next string so it looks like a logical extention of the text instead of being all broken up.

Here's my current script so you can see what it does.

Code:
 on *:input:*: { 
  if ( ( $left($1,1) != / ) || ( $1 == /me ) ) {
    var %next     = <-next->
    var %continue = <-cont->
    var %done     = <-end->
    var %more     = <-more->
    var %textlen = $len($1-)
    if (%textlen > 400) {    
      var %pos = 1
      var %text = $mid($1-, %pos, 400)
      var %firsttime = 1
      while ( %text != $null ) {
        if ( $len($deltok(%text, -1, 32)) < 370 ) {
          %text = $left(%text, 370)
          inc %pos 370
        }
        else {
          %text = $deltok(%text,-1,32)
          inc %pos $len(%text)
          inc %pos
        }
        var %outtext = %text
        %text = $mid($1-, %pos, 400)
        if (%firsttime == 1) {
          if ($gettok(%outtext, 1, 32) == /me) {
            %outtext %next
          }
          else {
            say %outtext %next
          }
          %firsttime = 0;
        }
        else {
          if (%text != $null) {
            say %continue %outtext %next
          }
          else {
            if (%textlen <= 945) {
              say %continue %outtext %done
            }
            else {
              say %continue %outtext %more
            }
          }
        }
      }
      halt
    }
  }
} 

So now the question is, How do determine what was the last color code used, at the end of %outtext so I can prepend it to the next string being sent. Any ideas?

Rennir
Posted By: starbucks_mafia Re: Parseing for the last color code - 06/03/04 01:51 AM
To be honest I'm too tired/lazy to look through your code right now (coming up on 2am here). However here's a little alias to return the state of various control codes at the end of some text, hopefully it'll be of some use to use to you.

Code:
get_end_cc {
  if ($prop == bold) return $iif($calc($count($$1,) % 2),$true,$null)
  if ($prop == underline) return $iif($calc($count($$1,) % 2),$true,$null)
  if ($prop == reverse) return $iif($calc($count($$1,) % 2),$true,$null)
  var %re = /(\d{1,2}(?:,\d{1,2})*)(?:[^]*)$/
  !.echo -q $regex(get_last,$$1,%re)
  return $iif($regml(get_last,1),$ifmatch,$null)
}

ie.
var %text = h4ello 12,15there how are you?
$get_end_cc(%text).bold returns $true
$get_end_cc(%text).underline returns $null
$get_end_cc(%text).reverse returns $null
$get_end_cc(%text) returns 12,15

Edit: Removed some unnecessary code
Posted By: rennir Re: Parseing for the last color code - 06/03/04 02:11 AM
Silly me, I searched and found your old post that talked about this and did this exact thing, Now I'm trying to just get it to work.. Hmmm Let me try your new thing. I'm still not sure WHERE I'm supposed to put this function.. in the alias section? I'm kind of still new on scripting.

Rennir
Posted By: starbucks_mafia Re: Parseing for the last color code - 06/03/04 02:14 AM
Yeah it goes in the alias section.
Posted By: rennir Re: Parseing for the last color code - 06/03/04 02:20 AM
I feel like I need to be spoon feed how to do this stuff. Ugh, Okay I got it to work, now how do I use it so when I send the output the new color code. Here's 2 cents of code.

Code:
%nextcolor = $get_end_cc(%oldtext)
say  %nextcolor  %nexttext

This doesn't seem to work for me. How do I use this value now to send a color code for the next string?

Rennir
Posted By: starbucks_mafia Re: Parseing for the last color code - 06/03/04 03:30 AM
say $+(, %nextcolor, %nexttext)
Posted By: DaveC Re: Parseing for the last color code - 06/03/04 08:58 AM
Quote:
get_end_cc { etc etc

/me cuts that bit of code out and steals it for himself.

mahahaha you well never get it back now!

Thanks thats gonna help in something I have, i been removing colors etc from a chunk of text in the middle of a line, i just been reseting at the end of the chunk, now i can add this and set it to what it should be at that moment.

Edit add:
just thought i might add a little to your code
I replaced $$1 with $gettok($$1,-1,15) as 15 is gonna reset anything, so you only wanna check from then on. I wouldnt have thought of it, except i was using that to rest the colors myself.
Posted By: starbucks_mafia Re: Parseing for the last color code - 06/03/04 12:09 PM
Well for the colours the regex checks for no following ^O char anyway, and from some benchmarks I found the slightly simpler regex in combination with $gettok() works out slightly slower than the current method. However I should've used $gettok() when checking for for the other control codes. Whoops blush.

Better put the 'good' version up here just for clarity.
Code:
get_end_cc {
  if ($prop == bold) return $iif($calc($count($gettok($$1, -1, 15), ) % 2), $true, $null)
  if ($prop == underline) return $iif($calc($count($gettok($$1, -1, 15), ) % 2), $true, $null)
  if ($prop == reverse) return $iif($calc($count($gettok($$1, -1, 15), ) % 2), $true, $null)
  var %re = /(\d{1,2}(?:,\d{1,2})*)(?:[^]*)$/
  !.echo -q $regex(get_last, $$1, %re)
  return $iif($regml(get_last,1), $ifmatch, $null)
}
Posted By: DaveC Re: Parseing for the last color code - 07/03/04 01:08 AM
yeah i saw those two on the end of the regex ctrl-k and ctrl-o and managed with my limited experence with regex to pickup that they were limiting the search to ones that DONT have an occurance of them after it? (is that what they do)

Actually i had a few of suggestions for that alias,
(1) (i have done this in mine)
Move the color reply to a if ($prop == color) and have the default no $prop output output the actual string thats needed to restore the color and burk settings.

(2) (which i couldnt manage to do since i no good with regex, i tried for 2 hours frown )
Pull from the string for the last valid dd,dd (dd being one or 2 digits) and then sweep for the last valid dd (which may end up the same one) then create a new forgrond,background combo from them as the current system well find "11" in a line like this "aaa9,10bbb11ccc" when it really needs to find "9,10" and "11" and make a "11,10"

I tried and failed.
/me sobs and creis into his blanket.

Posted By: starbucks_mafia Re: Parseing for the last color code - 07/03/04 01:16 PM
Quote:
yeah i saw those two on the end of the regex ctrl-k and ctrl-o and managed with my limited experence with regex to pickup that they were limiting the search to ones that DONT have an occurance of them after it? (is that what they do)

Yeah, the [[color:blue]^][/color] means that it's a character set, which is negated so it will only match text that doesn't contain the specified characters.

Good points about the alias, try it now:
Code:
get_end_cc {
  if ($prop == bold) return $iif($calc($count($gettok($$1, -1, 15), ) % 2), $true, $null)
  if ($prop == underline) return $iif($calc($count($gettok($$1, -1, 15), ) % 2), $true, $null)
  if ($prop == reverse) return $iif($calc($count($gettok($$1, -1, 15), ) % 2), $true, $null)
  if (colo*r iswm $prop) {
    var %re = /(?:\d{1,2},(\d{1,2})(?!.*(?:|\D|\d{1,2},\d{1,2}).*$).*)*(\d{1,2}(?:,\d{1,2})*)(?:[^]*)$/
    if (!$regex(get_last, $$1, %re)) return $null
    var %r = $iif($regml(get_last, 2) != $null, $+($ifmatch,$chr(44),$regml(get_last,1)), $regml(get_last, 1)), %n = $numtok(%r, 44)
    return $puttok(%r, $right($+(0,$gettok(%r, %n, 44)), 2), %n, 44)
  }
  else {
    var %end_txt = $gettok($$1, -1, 15)
    var %r = $+($iif($calc($count(%end_txt,) % 2),), $iif($calc($count(%end_txt,) % 2),), $iif($calc($count(%end_txt,) % 2),))
    var %re = /(?:\d{1,2},(\d{1,2})(?!.*(?:\D|\d{1,2},\d{1,2}).*$).*)*(\d{1,2}(?:,\d{1,2})*)(?:[^]*)$/
    if (!$regex(get_last, %end_txt, %re)) return %r
    var %x = $iif($regml(get_last, 2) != $null, $+($ifmatch,$chr(44),$regml(get_last,1)), $regml(get_last, 1)), %n = $numtok(%x, 44)
    return $+(%r, , $puttok(%x, $right($+(0,$gettok(%x, %n, 44)), 2), %n, 44))
  }
}

Edit: Added auto-colour-double-digitting
Posted By: DaveC Re: Parseing for the last color code - 07/03/04 07:16 PM
Excellent, ill take that and put it through my rigurus testing procedure, (actualy ill just put it to work and hope for the best, much like how Microsoft work)

Thanks.
© mIRC Discussion Forums