mIRC Homepage
Posted By: crashy variables wont save - 16/01/03 02:53 AM
why is it that my variables dont save when i close mirc? is there a switch somewhere?
Posted By: Watchdog Re: variables wont save - 16/01/03 03:28 AM
Variables arn't saved unless you save them before closing mIRC. mIRC doesn't autmatically assume you want to save them.

/set %blah 123 <--- This is saved as a variable in your remotes.ini file.

/var %blah 456 <--- This is disposed of once a script calling it stops or is stopped.
Posted By: GK_Kamel Re: variables wont save - 16/01/03 03:42 AM
on *:exit:saveini

i think that would work, maybe? lol
Posted By: Watchdog Re: variables wont save - 16/01/03 03:49 AM
How does that work when a local variable is non-existant though?
Posted By: Aubs Re: variables wont save - 16/01/03 09:32 AM
Crashy didn't mention what variables were being cleared. I would have assumed that they were variables created with /set and not /var, because I presume they were there, in the variables tab of the editor, otherwise he wouldn't have asked....

Maybe Crashy's got an on EXIT that is clearing all variables out when they close mIRC.

As a suggestion, Try disabling all remotes and /set a few variables, then close mIRC and open again... then see if the variables are still there. If not, something's f**ked!!! If they are still there, then it's quite possible you've got a script in your remotes that clears all variables on exit...

Just a suggestion!! smirk
Posted By: crashy Re: variables wont save - 16/01/03 12:41 PM
there wasnt any "on exit" issues. could it be using the wrong file perhaps? anyhow, adding the saveini has fixed it, thanks.
Posted By: Aubs Re: variables wont save - 16/01/03 02:29 PM
Just re-read over my last post and thought it sounded a bit argumentative, was not how I intended, sorry! laugh

Am at work atm and I've got soooooooo much to get done by tomorrow...Late night looking likely mad ...Maybe that's why it sounded argumentative!!

smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums