mIRC Homepage
Posted By: The_Game Is it possible... - 13/01/03 01:46 AM
Ok i asked this before but never got a response but running another mirc script ....made to act like a channel bot...Is it possible for instance say problems with a server or something and its making a bit of lag is it possible to make it jump servers by like saying a command in the channel such as "jump 1" indicating jump to the specified server? i just wanted to know if it was possible to do this without getting the " You do not have IRCop Priviledges to perform that command" message? thanks for any feedback
Posted By: Dana Re: Is it possible... - 13/01/03 05:26 AM
Being an IRCop or not has absolutely nothing to do with jumping servers. You can write an event to jump servers very easily with the On TEXT remote. What I'm unclear on is whether you want this remote for your own script or whether it's for a channel bot.
Posted By: Cobra Re: Is it possible... - 13/01/03 05:41 AM
on text event,

/server newserver

newserver i asume will be determined by the number u send following the 'jump' text .. and so i asume u know how to do that already .. if not say so

/server will work even if your already connected to a server, it will disconnect u and connect u to the new server.

Cobra^
Posted By: The_Game Re: Is it possible... - 13/01/03 02:56 PM
Thanks Dana and Cobra I got the server jump command to work when i specify a server for it to jump, it echos back to the channel that its jumping the server and if im not opped up it will op me before jumping and when it gets back online i have an auto op set up for it so I will op it....thanks again. I was trying to accomplish this by doing /connect...thats how i got the ircop message....anyways i got it to do what i wanted and thats what i was hoping to accomplish...
Posted By: The_Game Re: Is it possible... - 13/01/03 03:08 PM
Ok one more question, instead of doing an individual command per server how could i write a command so if the "bot" cant connect to a server say within 10 seconds to jump to the next one? any ideas?
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: Is it possible... - 14/01/03 12:40 AM
doesnt mirc have an option to go down its list of servers ....... something like move to next one ........ if thats the case id just limit ur server inin to only the specific servers in ur net and enable that option ....... that way it will go down the list u specied in ur server ini and ur not having to write a script to do it
Posted By: The_Game Re: Is it possible... - 14/01/03 01:01 AM
that could work ill give it a whirl anyways....
© mIRC Discussion Forums