mIRC Homepage
Posted By: SS217 Weird /write error - 18/11/03 02:13 AM
Hi,

If you look back in the posts you'll be able to find the fact that I made an mIRC bot that reads logfiles and manages a game server via the remote admin interface that came with the dedicated server, however lately there's been a problem that mIRC refuses to write to ANY files, this causes mass chaos on my server since it's dependant on /write and $read.

The bot is running mIRC v 6.11, I normally see in the status window /write unable to open file (leave.jg line 6) or whatever the file and line number may be. It takes a restart of mIRC for these commands to start working again, I'm thinking maybe it's just the mass number of files that mIRC has to open is causing an error? smirk
Posted By: LocutusofBorg Re: Weird /write error - 18/11/03 06:20 AM
In that case, did you try to see what happens when you cut down on the files. If you really need to save so much info that writing it all to files is screwing up your mirc, consider using custom windows or hash tables.
Posted By: SS217 Re: Weird /write error - 23/11/03 08:37 PM
That would work but all the data that's written to files needs to be written, (ex IP blacklists, player's IP, moderator files), everything else uses variables, is it possible this is a bug with 6.11?
Posted By: Collective Re: Weird /write error - 23/11/03 08:45 PM
Perhaps related to this?
© mIRC Discussion Forums