mIRC Homepage
Posted By: dstodalka cant connect - 02/08/03 08:09 AM
I try to connect but get an error saying "No indent response"
I have no idea what that means?? And its also adds gline invasion to it. I have checked my firewall and i am confident that that is not the problem. If anyone knows whats wrong please respond to me. I need mIRC badley for some cs scrims. Thank you for you time.
Posted By: dstodalka Re: cant connect - 02/08/03 08:22 AM
I guess i should say that my firewall is Zone Alarm if that helps with anything.
Posted By: Collective Re: cant connect - 02/08/03 08:31 AM
There are many reasons why your Identd may not be working. Do you have the Identd server on in mIRC Options -> Connect -> Identd? Do you connect to the internet through a LAN and ICS on another computer? Are you using a router? Does your ISP have you behind a firewall? Does it work with Zone Alarm off altogether?
Posted By: dstodalka Re: cant connect - 02/08/03 08:42 AM
does k-lined mean that i am banned or something?? cause it does say that. So i am on the gamesnet website trying to figure out if im banned and also how to contact a person that can unban me.
Posted By: Collective Re: cant connect - 02/08/03 08:51 AM
Yes, k-lined means banned, register and post on this forum.
Posted By: Watchdog Re: cant connect - 02/08/03 11:55 AM
I seem to remember answering this in another thread (correct me if I am wrong), so why do you keep asking the same question?
Posted By: Collective Re: cant connect - 02/08/03 03:21 PM
You're right, he's posted it three times now, second got deleted I assume, because I posted on it and can no longer find it.
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: cant connect - 02/08/03 06:09 PM
Please dont post the same question on multiple forums and toss in a pm for good measure. See my reply to your pm. check those things and post on the forum Collective suggested
Posted By: dstodalka Re: cant connect - 03/08/03 03:55 PM
sorry but im am pretty sure that i followed the whole indentd steps and all. I did those like 3/4 days ago. That is i hope i did them right. Some people seem to think that my whole isp is banned? I dont know what any of this means. Sorry for the posts. I did not realize. My bad.
Posted By: dstodalka Re: cant connect - 03/08/03 04:04 PM
I already have went to the forum that collective showed me and posted. All they told me was like how 1 or more people evaded a ban for a while. One person has said that my whole isp is glined and there is nothing i can do! Well thanks for the help.
Posted By: dstodalka Re: cant connect - 03/08/03 04:08 PM
I also saw all of those firewall helpers in the forum that parabrat gave me. I am running on Zone Alarm. And it says there that if you have firewalls such as Zone Alarm then this forum is not for you or something like that.
Posted By: Watchdog Re: cant connect - 03/08/03 05:28 PM
Some people seem to think that my whole isp is banned? I dont know what any of this means.

ISP = The company that you pay to let you connect to the Internet. Sometimes when some people are really bad on IRC it makes the people in charge of a network ban the whole ISP, so all users of that ISP cannot connect. It doesn't mean that you have done something wrong. It just means that someone using the same ISP that you do may have done something wrong and then decided to avoid the bans placed on him. This usually results in the bans being issued again or a stronger ban placed on, and usually for a longer time too. Somewhere along the lines innocent people will get affected by it.
Posted By: bobcat648 Re: cant connect - 04/08/03 02:35 AM
I am having problems staying connected to MIRC. I am using a router. Is this the problem?
Posted By: acemiles_ed Re: cant connect - 04/08/03 03:34 AM
Depends, be more specific.. what server, etc...

Also, have you tried other networks and other ports?
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: cant connect - 04/08/03 05:11 AM
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but in ZoneAlarm, as in any firewall, you need to open port 113, which the servers use for identd.
Posted By: dstodalka Re: cant connect - 04/08/03 05:35 AM
open a port?? i dont know how to do that. Please me more specific.
Posted By: dstodalka Re: cant connect - 04/08/03 05:38 AM
ok i got gamesnet to remove the ban so im back on and connected. Thank you for your help.

3clipse
Posted By: margot6uk Re: cant connect - 07/08/03 08:38 PM
I have not used MIRC very often, but one or two groups that I belong to utilise the chat rooms there. I now find that when I try to connect, I get the response that I am banned from the network due to Freeserve's (my isp) inaction on abusive members.

Is there anything I can do? confused

Thank you
Margot6uk
Posted By: Watchdog Re: cant connect - 08/08/03 09:38 AM
Yes:

1. Email your ISP and express your disappointment in their lax attitude to dealing with abuse.

or...

2. Get a new ISP.
© mIRC Discussion Forums