mIRC Homepage
Posted By: pnai234 Linksys Router and DCC Sending??? - 10/06/03 03:55 AM
hi, i use mirc v6.03 on WinXP. my brother has networked all of the computers at home (i don't really know a lot about this networking thing, but apparently, we're using a Linksys router with a built in firewall) and ALL of the ports are open and the setting is DHCP NOT static. i checked the settings on Network Places Folder and the Internet Firewall Protection is NOT enabled, it is NOT checked. Receiving has never been a problem. i've tried several settings recommended on this forum and other sites from the internet but i still cannot DCC send. confused

if anybody knows how to solve this problem, please please help, i'd really like to share some mp3s. thanks! smile
Posted By: ClickHeRe Re: Linksys Router and DCC Sending??? - 10/06/03 04:02 PM
You have to enable and add Port Forwarding for you're IP address on the network with ports 1024 to 5000 TCP and port 59 for the DCC Server.

That's what i did with my LinkSys BEFSR41 Router and my DCC's work fine.

And if mIRC is already working, then you have already enabled port 113 to receive the Identd request from the server.
Posted By: codemastr Re: Linksys Router and DCC Sending??? - 10/06/03 05:42 PM
You can forward 1024 - 5000, like was suggested, but that sorta defeats the purpose of a firewall. A better idea would be to reduce the number of ports. To do this, go to alt+o DCC | options, then there is a "DCC Ports:" group, enter something like 5000 and 5005. That way you only have to expose 5 ports to the outside world for DCC, rather than ~4000. Then simply setup port forwarding for 5000 - 5005.
Posted By: pnai234 Re: Linksys Router and DCC Sending??? - 11/06/03 12:56 AM
thanks u guys, but i've tried forwarding the ports you guys mentioned, but to no avail.

i've now reopened ALL of the ports and STILL i cannot DCC send.. it keeps saying "connection failed" am i missing something?? could it be on my mirc settings?

i am only having this problem with mirc. i can download and people can upload from me on both Winmx and Kazaa. however, for some reason, i can only download from irc, people still cannot download from me.

i don't know what else to do... i've tried changing all sorts of settings but nothing has helped... anybody got any suggestions how to solve this problem???

thanks! =)
Posted By: codemastr Re: Linksys Router and DCC Sending??? - 11/06/03 03:26 AM
Only one other idea, alt+o, connect | local info, what is the "Lookup method:" set to? If it is on "normal" try changing it to "server".
Posted By: pnai234 Re: Linksys Router and DCC Sending??? - 11/06/03 07:02 AM
yup tried that already too =( thanks for trying to help though, appreciate it =)

ok here are the settings on my mirc:
on local info: local host checked, IP address greyed out, server checked (local host and ip address match)
identd: enable identd checked, show identd checked, enable only when connecting checked
firewall: support = none, protocol = socks , port = 1080, everything else blank

DCC options: dcc ports = 1024-5000 (i've have also tried narrowing it)
DCC server: enable dcc server checked, listen on port = 59, everything else unchecked

General Servers: enable dde server checked, service name=mirc, dde delay = 300ms, show finger requests checked
General Lock: everything unchecked

is anyone else having this kind of problem??
Posted By: codemastr Re: Linksys Router and DCC Sending??? - 11/06/03 04:05 PM
Just out of curiosity, if you use the Linksys Router's DMZ setting to make it so the local IP of the machine you run mIRC on is in the DMZ, does it then work?
Posted By: pnai234 Re: Linksys Router and DCC Sending??? - 12/06/03 05:58 AM
umm how do i do the DMZ thing?? i havent' tried it, but if it involves forwarding ports, like i mentioned on previous posts, i'm on DHCP and ALL of the ports are OPEN.

can u please explain how to do the DMZ so that i can give it a try?

thanks =)
Posted By: codemastr Re: Linksys Router and DCC Sending??? - 12/06/03 04:50 PM
Umm on my Linksys router, under the "advanced" settings, there is a tab called "DMZ" you type the local IP of your machine in the textbox there.
Posted By: pnai234 Re: Linksys Router and DCC Sending??? - 16/06/03 06:49 AM
i checked the DMZ settings, and the local IP of this machine is already set there =(

my brother keeps insisting that it's not on my router settings because were on DHCP, he says that since all of the ports are open and because we're not on Static, it should already be working. he says it must be on my mirc settings, but i've already checked them, and they seem to be as they should. i don't know what else it could be... does anyone out there have linksys router who's got no probs DCC Receiving AND DCC Sending??? if yes, please enlighten me on how to make mine work please, because this is getting quite frustrating confused

thanks =)
Posted By: Zelda4ever32 Re: Linksys Router and DCC Sending??? - 18/05/04 09:42 PM
Hello,

Try disabling Windows XP's firewall if you have it enabled.
Control Panel > Network Connections >> Right Click Connection >> Properties >> Firewall tab.
Or, go to your linksys router page and disable its default firewall.
Also, any 3rd party firewalls on your computer (such as McAfee or Norton) may be stopping your mIRC to work correctly, although that is highly unlikely.

Hope this helps,
-Zelda4ever
aka "The Big 'Z'"
© mIRC Discussion Forums