mIRC Homepage
Posted By: carpe_diem help me to get connected to dalnet - 01/06/03 08:57 PM
it keeps saying this..

Welcome to the DALnet IRC Network caRpe_DiEm!~nxdknwn@211.24.30.175
Your host is broadway-e.ny.us.dal.net[@0.0.0.0], running version bahamut-1.4(35)
This server was created Sat Apr 19 2003 at 02:29:37 EDT
broadway-e.ny.us.dal.net bahamut-1.4(35) oOiwscrkKnfydaAbgheFxXj biklLmMnoprRstvc
NOQUIT WATCH=128 SAFELIST MODES=6 MAXCHANNELS=10 MAXBANS=100 NICKLEN=30 TOPICLEN=307 KICKLEN=307 CHANTYPES=# PREFIX=(ov)@+ NETWORK=DALnet SILENCE=10 CASEMAPPING=ascii CHANMODES=b,k,l,ciLmMnOprRst are available on this server
-
There are 2182 users and 33436 invisible on 25 servers
62 IRC Operators online
19294 channels formed
I have 6736 clients and 1 servers
-
Current local users: 6736 Max: 13819
Current global users: 35618 Max: 45415
-
-broadway-e.ny.us.dal.net- *** Notice -- motd was last changed at 18/4/2003 22:59
-
-broadway-e.ny.us.dal.net- *** Notice -- Please read the motd if you haven't read it
Message of the Day, broadway-e.ny.us.dal.net
-
- By connecting to this server you agree to follow the
- terms of the DALnet AUP at http://www.dal.net/aup/.
End of /MOTD command.
-
-broadway-e.ny.us.dal.net- *** Notice -- This server runs an open proxy monitor to prevent abuse.
-
-broadway-e.ny.us.dal.net- *** Notice -- If you see connections on various ports from proxy1.monitor.dal.net
-
Local host: snstdpn (211.24.30.175)
-
*** Disconnected

what should i do???pliz help me
Posted By: Mentality Re: help me to get connected to dalnet - 02/06/03 07:25 PM
Hmm, you're the second person that I've seen have this problem.

Try other servers (http://www.dal.net/servers) as it might be specific to broadway-e.* - Also, try connecting to other networks to see if it's your computer, or actually a DALnet specific problem. If you have already done both these, then I suggest you try emailing help@dal.net - At first, do not paste the same message that you have pasted here. Explain that there does not seem to be an email address concerning this sort of error message, and if there is one, ask them if they can direct you to the correct people.

Please wait atleast 2 days for a response!

If this doesn't work, or they don't reply within 3-4 days, continue to post here. Any replies here will be emailed to me, so I'll try to help you out s'more!

Regards,
Posted By: Ashkrynt Re: help me to get connected to dalnet - 03/06/03 03:19 PM
A lot of ISP's aren't allowed to connect without ident, and broadway-e has trouble reading ident for some reason. Try kernel.dal.net or powertech.dal.net, they usually work pretty well for me.
© mIRC Discussion Forums