mIRC Homepage
Posted By: shortie29 cannot connect to server? - 17/02/10 12:11 AM
[17:05] * Unable to connect to server (Permission denied)

is what i see when i try and login each time on a undernet server, can someone please tell me why i am having this issue.. i have never had this problem before
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: cannot connect to server? - 17/02/10 12:37 AM
Try a different server on Undernet or another port (e.g. not 6667). Or try a different nickname or identd/email username.
Posted By: RusselB Re: cannot connect to server? - 17/02/10 12:46 AM
I've noticed that quite a few people (myself included) are having a hard time using port 6667 on Undernet lately. 6669 has been working without any problems.

I understand that Undernet techs have been notified of this situation.
Posted By: gunny Re: cannot connect to server? - 21/02/10 05:37 PM
i keep getting thrown into orphans.
Please, what is the problem?
gcookal962
Posted By: gunny Re: cannot connect to server? - 21/02/10 06:25 PM
Motd file is missing.How do i correct this?
Posted By: RusselB Re: cannot connect to server? - 21/02/10 07:24 PM
Unless you have access to the actual IRC network host provider, you can't do anything about this, and it's nothing to worry about.

The MOTD is, normally, just a list of the rules for that network.
Posted By: RusselB Re: cannot connect to server? - 21/02/10 07:28 PM
It sounds like the network allows X amount of time for you to join a channel after connecting to the network, and if you aren't in any channels after that amount of time, it forces you into the #orphans channel.

This is getting to be more common in order attempt to control bots that join the network and use network resources without actually joining any channels.

Some networks are actually going to the step where if you haven't joined at least one channel within X seconds/minutes of connecting, you get k-lined.
© mIRC Discussion Forums