mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Lynxer cant auto connect from search engine to mirc - 11/09/09 06:38 PM
Hi iv recently installed windows vista on my computer and now when Im in a search engine like xdccing and i click on the packet that i want to download instead of auto connecting to mirc like it always used to i know get a message saying that the programme i need is not installed, but it is and its running ok cos i can open it seperately and manually access the channels etc. Can anyone help please
Reinstall mIRC.
Remember there's a difference between running mirc.exe and actually installing it.

As everyone knows you do not need to actually install mirc to run it.

So I am assuming argv0 means for you to uninstall it from Programs and then reinstall it with the executable you get from mirc.com.
I mean to install mIRC again. Uninstalling isn't necessary.

mIRC may not need to be "installed" to be used, but certain features like the irc:// link handlers are only configured at installation.
Thanks for that guys the reinstalling worked - sort of. When I click on the link in the search engine now now mirc opens which is good, but it still doesn't connect to the server or channel I have to do that manually so im guessing iv got some setting wrong somewhere - any ideas???
If it's not connecting then it could be the fault of the website. Perhaps you should take this up with them.
ok as long as its not something stupid im doing il try another search engine - since packetnews not around i cant seem to find another one that works as well, but il keep looking - thanks again all for your help smile
thort it had it partly sorted but now i find that everytime i click on a link in the search engines it opens mirc all over again instead of re-opening the mirc thats already open - please help me before i go grey or pull all my hair out!!!
© mIRC Discussion Forums