mIRC Homepage
Posted By: diannanna connection is timed out - 04/08/09 12:27 AM
i cannot seem to connect to mirc kareoke realm. it is saying connection is timed out.
this has been two days now can anyone help me
Posted By: RusselB Re: connection is timed out - 04/08/09 01:26 AM
Simply put, the answer is not much.
If the connection is timing out to the server, which is what it sounds like, then the lag between your computer and the network server is too great for a timely connection.
This usually means, in my experience, a delay of 10 seconds or more.

If you're using the round robin connection address, which is the address that begins with irc. then you might try a direct address.

Please note that mIRC is an IRC client, and does not have it's own network. Also Karaoke appears to be a channel name that is occurring more and more on different networks.

You should include the actual network and/or server address that you are having difficulty with, as that server might be down, but another server on that network might be available to you.
Posted By: diannanna Re: connection is timed out - 04/08/09 03:12 AM
my connection is to karaoke realm
and i seem to be on a time out,and when i go to realm world for help it is no longer there
so i am at a loss as to what has happened
Posted By: Constantine Re: connection is timed out - 04/08/09 07:49 AM
The only karaoke-realm I know of is on the EFnet network. It would appear that 2 hubs and a server has de-linked over the past few weeks from this network, so you may have an incorrect server in your setup or the round robin is screwed up. I would suggest you try connecting manually to one of the remaining hubs or servers. CLICK HERE for a list by area of available servers for EFnet
Good luck
Posted By: Velocity10 Re: connection is timed out - 04/08/09 07:54 AM
Yeah it appears that something must have happened to Keith. It seems to me that the server is no longer there. If somebody can tell me where to go to rejoin if they moved it i would greatly appreciate it.. or if somebody know of another karaoke / Mp3 chat room/server can you please let me know? My email is K00J002@yahoo.com.. Thank you
Posted By: lexor4 Re: connection is timed out - 04/08/09 03:02 PM
I had the same problem can't even get onto website sometimes the server goes down for a few days. Someone will get in contact Keith
don't worry there are three other site if not 4 unfortunately Keith site is running a lot longer and has more members so give it a few days
to see what happens if all else fails I give you the names of four sets lexor4 PS if you hear anything let me know thank you
Posted By: lexor4 Re: connection is timed out - 04/08/09 03:09 PM
If anyone else knows anything e-mail me johnbt621ry@yahoo.co.uk
Posted By: lexor4 Re: connection is timed out - 04/08/09 03:13 PM
But why can't we get on our website as well please help
Posted By: Constantine Re: connection is timed out - 04/08/09 04:36 PM
Without knowing which network you are trying to connect to, or the website address, how are we supposed to help you. If it is EFnet see my post a few posts up, if it is realmworld then see This post
If it is the latter then I can only surmise, the website is moving or has closed down.
Please remember this is a mIRC forum. We have no real knowledge of individual networks/servers or websites or the status of channels.
Good luck to you all in this matter
Posted By: lexor4 Re: connection is timed out - 04/08/09 06:28 PM
Tried e-mailing Keith no

IRC network
all

irc server
karaoke-realm

reference one conversation with Keith via Mill he was in hospital
either awaiting or having operation on shoulder if my memory serves me right there was other people in other parts of the country could not connect and tell someone contacts a op they probably don't even know we're here if that is the lesser of two evils or it has closed which I don't think so so until someone gets in contact with an OP or Keith they probably don't know we are lexor4
Posted By: Constantine Re: connection is timed out - 04/08/09 07:27 PM
copy paste your status screen when you try to connect, lets see whats going on
Posted By: AJM Re: connection is timed out - 04/08/09 07:43 PM
[8:37pm] * Connecting to irc.realmworld.net (6667)
-
[8:37pm] * Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)

this is all i can get when trying to connect.

has any one got any idea if karaoke realm has gone bust or what

here's hoping for a quick return to a great channel
Posted By: lexor4 Re: connection is timed out - 04/08/09 08:06 PM
Ajm don't panic for a while this happens from time to time
keep a close eye on this site hopefully everybody will come here
and get the fix together or another site
Posted By: Constantine Re: connection is timed out - 04/08/09 08:29 PM
Ok the website is showing as active, however it is just a godaddy parking page, the irc server is not responding, I can only suggest you contact the owner for more information. As for a fix ? hmm well if the domain is parked and the irc server down I cant imagine what fix you are expecting lol
Posted By: deek88 Re: connection is timed out - 05/08/09 01:02 AM
Not sure if this is a coincidence, but the domain name has expired as of Aug 1, 2009:

Domain Name: KARAOKE-REALM.NET
Created on: 01-Aug-04
Expires on: 01-Aug-09
Last Updated on: 05-Aug-07

Hopefully this gets sorted and Keith gets better!!

If anyone knows Keiths status, please keep us posted .. thanks!
© mIRC Discussion Forums