mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Cloud395 Aniverse server connection timing out - 24/04/03 02:25 AM
Hi everyone, new to forums, but not to IRC. Though i haven't used irc for a little while, i didn't change any of my settings when i tried to connect to the aniverse server today. so naturally i would think that i would be able to get in....however, connection kept on timing out. Does anyone know if aniverse is currently down?
Posted By: PucK3001 Re: Aniverse server connection timing out - 24/04/03 04:12 AM
I was on and got a 'connection reset by peer'. Ever since, hours later, i still get timed outs. I've tryed finding sumtin about it on funsub sites but nothing. I tried posting on the aniverse site but im unable to. This is the only time ive seen it mentioned after several hours of the problem. I hope ur not the person on the aniverse forum who was banned.
Posted By: The_Game Re: Aniverse server connection timing out - 24/04/03 04:26 AM
From what I understood from this website, Under the "Active" section of the page the network you mention was color coded orange meaning that "many connections failed" I'm assuming that it is still in sync just alot of time outs...
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: Aniverse server connection timing out - 24/04/03 04:29 AM
a network is a COLLECTION of servers not just one ..... u might wanna try connecting to a different one besides the specific one your trying
Posted By: The_Game Re: Aniverse server connection timing out - 24/04/03 04:38 AM
I never connected to any of their servers. I just read off what I saw on the webpage I provided. Only to give the person a general idea...I know what a network is, I was born at night but not last night.
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: Aniverse server connection timing out - 24/04/03 05:36 AM
lol sorry bout posting that to u ... lol was meant for the other 2 posters ..... just clicked urs as the bottom link sorry bout that one
Posted By: The_Game Re: Aniverse server connection timing out - 24/04/03 08:00 AM
Don't worry about it I actually did that on another post earlier myself. I was looking at one post with intentions to reply to that user but instead I replied to someone else...oh well we're only human right!?
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: Aniverse server connection timing out - 24/04/03 09:02 AM
lol yeah i think i seen the one u did that too also .. again sorry bout the confusion
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: Aniverse server connection timing out - 24/04/03 12:17 PM
i havent seen anything on the various news sites, but the best thing to do is try that network's web page to see if they post any info. As TheGame's link shows, seems like its a network prob and you may just have to be patient until they resolve whatever the prob is.
Posted By: The_Game Re: Aniverse server connection timing out - 24/04/03 09:51 PM
No biggie, already forgotten grin
Posted By: Cloud395 Re: Aniverse server connection timing out - 26/04/03 03:04 AM
Thanks for the advice and what not guys, but i don't think i'm banned lol, seems like something is just up with aniverse.....
Posted By: Nimue Re: Aniverse server connection timing out - 26/04/03 03:10 AM
Yep, check Here
Posted By: Cloud395 Re: Aniverse server connection timing out - 26/04/03 03:29 AM
i see.....so its saying that aniverse has many failed connections so thats why a lot of people hasn't been able to get on. Anyone have any ideas on if this is going to be a long-term thing? i've just tried a sec. ago a different server, irc-4.aniverse.com, that this page says and so far still no luck....argh!
Posted By: Nimue Re: Aniverse server connection timing out - 26/04/03 03:34 AM
You could try the website and maybe email them.
Posted By: Cloud395 Re: Aniverse server connection timing out - 26/04/03 03:35 AM
yeah thats what i'm doing, hope there will be some answers soon smile
Posted By: The_Game Re: Aniverse server connection timing out - 26/04/03 09:16 AM
No problem...that's what we are here for. Hopefully you will be able to resolve the issue at hand.
Posted By: Cloud395 Re: Aniverse server connection timing out - 27/04/03 04:18 AM
thanks again cool
© mIRC Discussion Forums