mIRC Homepage
Been trying to connect to: Othernet server
to get to my channels. but keep getting disconnected.

* Connect retry #98 irc.othernet.org (6667) (dns pool)
-
* Identd request from 216.97.240.74
* Identd replied: 1469, 6667 : USERID : UNIX : Vinchenz
-
Spammer (v5a).
-
Closing Link: Vinchenz[cpe-74-73-255-158.nyc.res.rr.com] by Warren.MS.US.Othernet.org (K-lined)
-
* Disconnected
-
* Connect retry #99 irc.othernet.org (6667)
-
* Identd request from 65.19.161.47
* Identd replied: 1470, 6667 : USERID : UNIX : Vinchenz
-
Spammer (v5a).
-

I can connect to other servers, but not the Other net..
I have the latest verison running of IRC
have checked my ISP and my PC and rebooted and can go every where with no problems..

What can I do about this OTHERNET problem?

Thank you..

* Connecting to irc.othernet.org (6667)
-
* Identd replied: 1351, 6667 : USERID : UNIX : Vinchenz
-
Spammer (v5a).
-
Closing Link: Vinchenz[cpe-74-73-255-158.nyc.res.rr.com] by Fremont.CA.US.Othernet.org (K-lined)
-
* Disconnected
-
* Connect retry #1 irc.othernet.org (6667) (dns pool)
-
* Identd replied: 1352, 6667 : USERID : UNIX : Vinchenz
-
Spammer (v5a).
-
Closing Link: Vinchenz[cpe-74-73-255-158.nyc.res.rr.com] by Fremont.CA.US.Othernet.org (K-lined)
-
* Disconnected
-
* Connect retry #2 irc.othernet.org (6667) (dns pool)
-
* Identd request from 216.97.240.74
* Identd replied: 1353, 6667 : USERID : UNIX : Vinchenz
-
Spammer (v5a).
-
Closing Link: Vinchenz[cpe-74-73-255-158.nyc.res.rr.com] by Warren.MS.US.Othernet.org (K-lined)
-
* Disconnected
-
* Connect retry #3 irc.othernet.org (6667)

just keep trying other random servers on the OtherNet and can't find one that works with out getting connected..
As the "closing link" message shows, you get k-lined everytime you connect to the network. "Spammer (v5a)" might indicate the reson for the k-line, although the ban may as well be a misfire, "false positive" or the like.
In any case, we can do nothing about this ban. You have to contact the operators of the network to get an explanation and/or have the k-line removed (some forum / contact form you'll find on the network's homepage).
Wow, I have no idea why I been Klined for.. I don't spam or do anything in violation of anything. Who can I contact about this to get it resolved?

Thank you for help..
As there's no dedicated board in their forums, I guess at http://www.othernet.org/?page=contactus
Alternatively, connect to the network using a different dial-in - e.g. from an internet café and using the webchat of their homepage ("chat now" button) - and join the network's help channel.
In any case you should be able to provide the complete "closing link" line so they're able investigate the issue. Good luck!
OK thank you very much for your fast reply. I have contacted them via the contact page and gave them all the info. Can take up to 48 hrs for a reply back.. Great..

but I do appreciate your help and speedy reply. Thank you..
© mIRC Discussion Forums