mIRC Homepage
Posted By: LumpyLamp Can Connect But ChatRoom Wont Open - 04/12/08 04:31 AM
ok this is kinda hard to explain but i'll do the best I can. I think I was G-lined 3 days ago but I put in the code thingy and it said it removed it.

And now when I try connect it will let me but when i try to enter the chatroom i want it wont open. Ive been using pidgin to chat now. The weird thing is that when I log into the chatroom from mirc, I can see myself login from pidgin. So I do log in but I just dont see the screen at all on mirc.

It also says that I set mode +ix

I dont know what that means. And also, the server thingy im on is in spanish so I dont know what some of it means. i would go to an english one, but thats not where the chatroom i use is at.

anyways, i really dont wanan have to reinstall mirc. Im hoping someone can help me.
And heres a pic of what it does when i login.

oh oh, and also i just moved 3 days ago. same state, different city. not too far from where i used to live. but thats when i got g-lined, when i moved. dont know if that could be why mirc is messing up right now

Posted By: sparta Re: Can Connect But ChatRoom Wont Open - 04/12/08 07:01 AM
does it say in the motd what the +x does? try //mode $me -x , you can also try: /!join #channel , to see so it's no custom alias that interfere with mirc.
Posted By: fxchain Re: Can Connect But ChatRoom Wont Open - 18/12/08 12:23 AM
I am having the exact same problem (almost). I can connect to any servers, but the channel window will not open.

/!join #seo is not doing anything either.

After maybe 3mins, mIRC disconnects and try to reconnect to the server.

I am temporarily using Xchat, and I don't see myself connecting at all in the channel when using mIRC.

I tried to reinstall mIRC erasing old setting, but not go.

Paste from mirc
--------------------
[17:15] * _efix sets mode: +i
-
[17:15] [xs4drones VERSION]
-
[17:15] Local host: efnet.xs4all.nl (194.109.129.220)
-
efnet.xs4all.nl G efnet.xs4all.nl
-
[17:17] * [10053] Software caused connection abort
-
[17:17] * Disconnected
-
[17:17] * Connect retry #1 efnet.xs4all.nl (6669)
----------------------------
Posted By: sparta Re: Can Connect But ChatRoom Wont Open - 18/12/08 08:17 AM
have you been reading the motd? it maybe just so simple so you need to be registered to enter some channels, im not familure with that network, but x on quakenet mask your host ident@quaknet.org or something like that.
Posted By: sparta Re: Can Connect But ChatRoom Wont Open - 18/12/08 08:20 AM
Try connect to a different server if you disconnect like that, and does it still happen with a clean mirc? change port to the server maybe also will help. you can also try connect to the IP of the server, oped CMD "type cmd in the run promt on your start menu", then type: ping server.address to get the ip to the server. see if that helps.
Posted By: RusselB Re: Can Connect But ChatRoom Wont Open - 19/12/08 11:35 PM
The IP address is actually given in the OP's post.
It shows as 194.109.129.220
Additionally I noticed that the disconnection message is the 10053, which has a huge sticky regarding it.
Posted By: John80sk Re: Can Connect But ChatRoom Wont Open - 06/01/09 11:48 PM
The main problem with that thread is it has around a hundred solutions to a hundred problems who's only similarity is a 5 digit number.

I have the same problem as fxchain. I'm running vista and am on a netgear router, I believe it's this model

I know the problem has nothing to do with my laptop, as I can run mIRC on just about any other connection than mine.

I've tried port forwarding with a static ip, it worked for about a day. Also when I got back from leave, it worked for a couple days after being shut down for 2 weeks.

The problem also affects all other IRC programs that I've tried.

I also noticed that I get the following message when I first try to connect:

irc.freenode.net- *** Looking up your hostname
irc.freenode.net- *** Checking Ident
irc.freenode.net- *** Couldn't look up your hostname
irc.freenode.net- *** No Identd (auth) response

I'm not sure what it normally says, but I'm pretty sure that's not it.
Posted By: MTec007 Re: Can Connect But ChatRoom Wont Open - 07/01/09 01:12 AM
Originally Posted By: John80sk
The main problem with that thread is it has around a hundred solutions to a hundred problems who's only similarity is a 5 digit number.

I have the same problem as fxchain. I'm running vista and am on a netgear router, I believe it's this model

I know the problem has nothing to do with my laptop, as I can run mIRC on just about any other connection than mine.

I've tried port forwarding with a static ip, it worked for about a day. Also when I got back from leave, it worked for a couple days after being shut down for 2 weeks.

The problem also affects all other IRC programs that I've tried.

I also noticed that I get the following message when I first try to connect:

irc.freenode.net- *** Looking up your hostname
irc.freenode.net- *** Checking Ident
irc.freenode.net- *** Couldn't look up your hostname
irc.freenode.net- *** No Identd (auth) response

I'm not sure what it normally says, but I'm pretty sure that's not it.

you said you forwarded your ports, but did you forward port 113 (identd)? the 'no identd response' leads me to beleive that either the identd port is not forwarded or identd is turned off. what does this return when you type it?:
Code:
//echo -a $readini(mirc.ini,ident,active)
Posted By: John80sk Re: Can Connect But ChatRoom Wont Open - 07/01/09 04:27 AM
it says yes...

and I was incorrect before, it always says that when I connect, I guess it just stood out to me when I started going over it when mIRC stopped working.
© mIRC Discussion Forums