mIRC Homepage
Posted By: paulm44626 Lost all my settings - 26/02/08 06:44 PM
I had access to the #karaoke server and got a virus on my computer. I had to wipe my drive clean and start over and when I went to mirc.com it downloaded the software but I can't find my old server(#realmworld). How do I get that back and get everything setup the way it was. HELP!
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Lost all my settings - 26/02/08 11:31 PM
To find channels, visit http://irc.netsplit.de/ . You can search for the channel there and see what network(s) it's on (if any). To get set up the way you had it before, you'll have to manually go through and figure out how you had it before.

Keep in mind that if you got a virus from there once, you may again. Going back is just asking for another one.
Posted By: LostShadow Re: Lost all my settings - 27/02/08 05:26 PM
Originally Posted By: paulm44626
I had access to the #karaoke server

Your question is conflicting. What exactly is a channel server?

Quote:
but I can't find my old server(#realmworld).

Of course, we should know that #realmworld is not a server, but a channel. We know this, because channels start with a #.

Quote:
How do I get that back and get everything setup the way it was. HELP!

Get your mIRC back? I guess you re-downloaded a plain mIRC and lost your saved settings from your previous mIRC. You'll have to redo them, then. Though if you downloaded some add-ons or scripts to that mIRC, you will have to redownload them too.

-Neal.
© mIRC Discussion Forums