mIRC Homepage
Posted By: sentralorigin Cannot connect - DNS Pool? - 16/09/07 11:38 PM
When I try to connect to irc.****.org, I get these errors:

Connect retry #4 ****.org (6667)
Send error ([10022] Invalid argument)
Not connected to server
Connect retry #5 ****.org (6667) (dns pool)
Posted By: RusselB Re: Cannot connect - DNS Pool? - 17/09/07 10:48 PM
There's nothing we can do about this, or even check it ourselves as you have used **** in place of the network/server name, which we would need in order to try to connect ourselves.
Posted By: Sais Re: Cannot connect - DNS Pool? - 29/09/07 09:35 PM
"DNS Pool" is not an error, it just means that the named address you are connecting to maps to several different numeric (IP) addresses, any of which would connect you to the network, and one is chosen at random.

(OK, not necessarily at 'random', but how it's chosen is unimportant here)
Posted By: d3admou5 Re: Cannot connect - DNS Pool? - 05/03/10 11:45 AM
Hello. I am having the same issue and i did not find any answer yet to the issue ...
This is what the issue looks like :
Posted By: Khaled Re: Cannot connect - DNS Pool? - 05/03/10 11:47 AM
If you are unable to connect to any servers on any IRC network, you may be running anti-virus or firewall software that is blocking mIRC and preventing it from connecting. You would need to add mIRC to the allowed/exceptions list of your anti-virus or firewall software to allow it to connect.
Posted By: d3admou5 Re: Cannot connect - DNS Pool? - 05/03/10 11:49 AM
I Did that , and nothing changed . . . :|

I have to mention tho that i am using a wireless Router.
Posted By: d3admou5 Re: Cannot connect - DNS Pool? - 05/03/10 12:09 PM
I even made the port range fowarding modification on my Router settings. And Nothing changed.
Posted By: d3admou5 Re: Cannot connect - DNS Pool? - 05/03/10 12:13 PM
Added The mIRC.exe file exclusion to the Antivirus software.
Still can`t connect. :|
Posted By: d3admou5 Re: Cannot connect - DNS Pool? - 05/03/10 12:15 PM
So, what else can i try ?
Posted By: Khaled Re: Cannot connect - DNS Pool? - 05/03/10 12:17 PM
The only reason you would not be able to connect to any IRC network is that mIRC is being blocked by either anti-virus or firewall software, or perhaps even by Windows itself. I have not come across any other reasons for this kind of issue (unless we also consider that you are using a network connection that is preventing such connections - but that's unlikely unless you are using mIRC from work or school). Also note that, as far as I know, you do not need to open up any router ports to connect to a server. If you find the solution, please let us know.
Posted By: Khaled Re: Cannot connect - DNS Pool? - 05/03/10 12:19 PM
You might also want to make sure that you are using an official copy of mIRC from the mIRC website. Hacked versions of mIRC often contain trojans or viruses, are usually silently blocked by anti-virus or firewall software, and often exhibit other problems.
Posted By: d3admou5 Re: Cannot connect - DNS Pool? - 05/03/10 12:27 PM
Ok, I`l check it out.
Posted By: d3admou5 Re: Cannot connect - DNS Pool? - 05/03/10 12:41 PM
I unninstalled my older version of mIRC, downloaded the official software from here, used it as a trial , added it automaticly to windows firewall as exception, and it still doesn`t work . . i Just don`t know what to try anymore. . . I guess i`l have to just quit using Irc . . .
Posted By: d3admou5 Re: Cannot connect - DNS Pool? - 05/03/10 12:42 PM
I don`t understand tho, yesterday it still worked , i got connected , and today i can`t connect even once. . .:|
Posted By: d3admou5 Re: Cannot connect - DNS Pool? - 05/03/10 12:57 PM
I tried connecting on other servers , like quakenet.org , and it got connected. . . The undernet servers are not working, none . . :| And i only use undernet. . . this is so anoying . . .
Posted By: CtrlAltDel Re: Cannot connect - DNS Pool? - 05/03/10 06:37 PM
try us.undernet.org port 6666 or 6669
Posted By: d3admou5 Re: Cannot connect - DNS Pool? - 06/03/10 04:37 PM
I tried switching the ports , and i tried with every server one at a time. . . Nothing . . . on Mobbit.com i connected somehow , and it works, with the elsene.be.undernet..org after it told me couple of times the " To many connections from your host " . . . the mIRC app , won`t work tho . . .
Posted By: d3admou5 Re: Cannot connect - DNS Pool? - 15/03/10 11:15 AM
This worked in my case.
/server 69.16.172.40
It has connected after i typed that.Good Luck and thanks to " flowrush " for the support. smile
Posted By: flowrush Re: Cannot connect - DNS Pool? - 23/03/10 03:42 AM
No problem smile
Posted By: dekhteHIdekhte Re: Cannot connect - DNS Pool? - 06/07/10 11:30 PM
hey flow rush i have the same problem of dns pool
there are no firewall settings as such
can u help me out
Posted By: noeme Re: Cannot connect - DNS Pool? - 07/07/10 08:47 PM
I also get the cannot connect (dns pool) error message. This has been happening for 5 days. I have allowed it to try up to 50 time outs. I have checked fiewalls on the computer security system and my virus scanner. I have uninstalled mIRC and reinstalled the newest version. What do I try next?

Also, how do I register my newest version of mIRC without paying again?

Thanks for your help.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Cannot connect - DNS Pool? - 07/07/10 10:57 PM
Just enter the same registration information into the new copy if it doesn't automatically pick up that it's registered. If you can't find that information, go to http://www.mirc.com/reglost.html and you can have it sent to you again. If you changed email addresses, then you can also email khaled@mirc.com and he can verify that you did pay and resend you your information.

As for your errors... it's going most likely be an issue on your end... your network, your router, your firewall, your modem, your network cables, or even your ISP. Your next step isn't some simple thing someone can tell you. You're going to have to troubleshoot all of those items.
© mIRC Discussion Forums