mIRC Homepage
I have had this issue for a while.

We run a few channels and i run a Bot as well

but everytime i open up utorrent the connections pings out

MSN also goes dead for a second but then comes back.

Any one else have this problem, and maybe a solution.
Maybe to slow connection for all the things you run? and try limit the speed for utorrent, both up and down
or stop using utorrent, as some (if not most, or possibly everything) that you get through utorrent, is probably copyrighted, therefore making it illegal to copy.
While that is true, I guess it doesn't really matter what people do using apps other than mIRC to "illegally" download files. I don't use mIRC for file-sharing but I am a frequent user of Utorrent, and I know for a fact there will be alot of people on these forums that will say don't download torrents etc and will actually do it themselves.
As Sparta already advised: limit your p2p's upstream (and if needed, it's downstream, too), to retain some bandwith for other apps, like mIRC. And don't overdo the number of active connections, if you are using a router in particular.

Please, don't discredit all p2p (and it's users) to possible piracy and abuse. Supporting a p2p client on IRC myself (legal and voluntarily), I'm facing this kind of "blanket judgment" all too often... mIRC and p2p-apps can be used and misused alike - it's been a technical question, and imho it should be treated as one. smile
If you have XP, you may have a limit on the number of open connections. uTorrent may be using the maximum number and therefore making mIRC drop. MSN may just be forcing uTorrent to drop one connection so that it can connect again.

There is a registry fix that lets you increase your maximum connections if you check around google a bit.
© mIRC Discussion Forums