mIRC Homepage
Hi,

Whenever I place several files in queue to be transferred via DCC send, every other file for some reason will not initiate (unable to connect). For example, file 1 will download fine, file 2 will have a failed connection, file 3 will download, file 4 will fail, etc. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
Could be something to do with packetloss on your connection. Do you have wireless internet or are you using internet directly connected to your computer?

Do you have any firewall/router installed?

This will help us to diagnose the problem a little better, but then again it could be the person you are recieving DCC's from, try getting multiple files from someone else.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the reply. My connection is direct to the cable modem, however I do have a router connected, and the windows firewall enabled. The problem happens regardless of the source.
Quote:
My connection is direct to the cable modem, however I do have a router connected

Well which is it? If your computer is connected directly to the cable modem, then you can't have a router. Your connection is probably like this:

A: [ MODEM ]-----------[ ROUTER ]-----------[ COMPUTER ]

or like this:

B: [ MODEM ]-----------[ COMPUTER ]

-genius_at_work
Oops, you're right. I do have a router, I meant to say the router is connected to my computer as opposed to being a satellite (sorry if my terminology is incorrect blush)
© mIRC Discussion Forums