mIRC Homepage
Posted By: MaullarMaullar Connection constantly drops - 29/08/06 03:59 PM
I use mIRC (Sysreset) on Windows XP, through a D-Link DI-604 rev. E router. I also run a Supybot on two of the three IRC servers I patronize. Until today, both have stayed quite steadily connected.

Around 6 this morning, I started getting disconnected (with an error 10053; note that I have anti-timeout on) regularly; the servers affected have varied along with the interval, but right now I'm getting disconnected from Aniverse and Animerealm about every two to five minutes. Each time I'm able to reconnect more or less immediately, and there are no signs of other connectivity problems. Usually the Supybot gets disconnected along with my IRC, but not always.

At first I thought that the disconnects might be due to the ports I opened on my router at midnight. However, when I changed the settings back, the problem persisted; lowering the MTU, rebooting the router and upgrading its firmware also failed to have an effect, as did disabling Windows Firewall. D-Link's knowledge base and technical support site do not offer any specific solutions to this problem.

I'd greatly appreciate any insight into resolving this issue.
Posted By: FNar Re: Connection constantly drops - 29/08/06 07:54 PM
Did you read this thread? (Warning: it's long and far from a definitive answer to your problem.)
Posted By: MaullarMaullar Re: Connection constantly drops - 30/08/06 08:10 AM
Yes, I read it a while ago when I was experiencing a different problem relating to 10053s. (That event prompted me to have anti-timeout on.)
Posted By: MaullarMaullar Re: Connection constantly drops - 11/09/06 05:14 AM
I'm experiencing the problem again, and removing my router didn't help. (Neither did rebooting.)
© mIRC Discussion Forums