mIRC Homepage
Posted By: benny999 Unable To Resolve Server - 18/09/05 02:34 AM
alright I was using this irc room earlier, logged off for an hour, tried to log back in an got that error...I didnt change any of the channel info or anything and I know its still up from talking to other people there...dont know if this'll help but heres the info

DarkMyst.txt

#tsse

thanks
Posted By: RusselB Re: Unable To Resolve Server - 18/09/05 05:27 AM
It doesn't matter what room you were in earlier, if you can't resolve the network server. You have to resolve the network server in order to connect to the network, which, in turn, is needed to connect to the room.
Since you say that you are able to talk to other people that are in that room, find out what the server address that they are connecting to is, then try connecting to that address using /server <server address> replacing <server address> with the actual address.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Unable To Resolve Server - 19/09/05 01:02 PM
Btw, you put DarkMyst.txt for info.... A .txt file has nothing to do with connecting. If you're trying to use /server darkmyst.txt or something like that, it isn't going to work.

I think you need to get the real server address... I think you're using an incorrect one.
Posted By: GodHatesFun Re: Unable To Resolve Server - 19/09/05 03:58 PM
I am having the exact same problem with RealmWorlm "Karaoke-Realm" all i get is unable to resolve server and I have never had a problem before last evening... any suggestions? I am going through MiRc withdrawl<lol>
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Unable To Resolve Server - 19/09/05 04:04 PM
Maybe the server is offline?

How are you trying to connect? If you're typing it on the command line, what are you typing?
Posted By: GodHatesFun Re: Unable To Resolve Server - 19/09/05 04:09 PM
I never have to type there I just click the "lightening Bolt" to connect
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Unable To Resolve Server - 19/09/05 04:45 PM
Ok, so what is it trying to connect to?

Copy/paste that information. Possibly, you clicked a link in your browser or in a channel or something that changed the "current" server name to something invalid.
Posted By: GodHatesFun Re: Unable To Resolve Server - 19/09/05 05:24 PM
RealmWorld (6669) is what it id trying to connect to

Top of windows says " mIRC <<ExCurSion v9.5>><<Un GodHates F >><<Status: Offline >> - http;//excursion.humor.org

Inner window says this in the address bar Status: GodHatesFub connecting to RealmWorld (6669)

Then I get the "Unable to resolve server" error
Posted By: GodHatesFun Re: Unable To Resolve Server - 19/09/05 05:25 PM
The Status should say GodHatesFun not Fub <lol>

That was my typo not an error in the config.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Unable To Resolve Server - 19/09/05 06:35 PM
Actually, I'm looking for something like this:

Quote:

-
* Connecting to irc.irchighway.net (6667)
-
* Unable to connect to server (Software caused connection abort)
-

That will allow us to see exactly what address is given to connect to and we can check that for errors and test the address ourselves as well.

If it doesn't give you that information due to using Excursion, then type /remote off and try connecting and see what you see. Then, you can type /remote on to turn your scripts back on. Note that doing this may require you to close and reopen mIRC after turning them on, for your script to function properly.
Posted By: GodHatesFun Re: Unable To Resolve Server - 20/09/05 03:23 AM
RealmWorld (6669) is what it id trying to connect to
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Unable To Resolve Server - 20/09/05 12:39 PM
RealmWorld by itself without anything else is invalid. Try something like irc.realmworld.com or irc.realmworld.org or similar. Or, google the network name and see what the server addresses are.

To connect with an address: /server irc.yourserver.net
© mIRC Discussion Forums