mIRC Homepage
Posted By: MaryJaneWeed G-Lined HELP!!! - 09/09/05 01:04 AM
Everytime I try to connect to an UniBG server it appears this message:
-=02:49:24=- -irc.naturella.com- *** Looking up your hostname...
-
-=02:49:24=- -irc.naturella.com- *** Found your hostname, cached
-
-=02:49:24=- -irc.naturella.com- *** Checking Ident
-
-=02:49:45=- -irc.naturella.com- *** No Ident response
-
-=02:49:45=- -irc.naturella.com- *** G-lined
-
-=02:49:45=- Closing Link: nita_roma[nita_roma@255.255.255.255] (Banned)
-
-=02:49:45=- * Disconnected
It's like that since the first time I tried to connect and it's the same with every UniBG server I try...I didn't do anything wrong to be G-Lined because I couldn't connect not even one time...Can you please tell me what's the reason and what to do because I'm out of ideas....I'm now in Italy and I want to talk with my Bulgarian friends and it's very important for me because it's the only way to keep in touch so if you can help me I'd really appreciate it... confused
Posted By: RusselB Re: G-Lined HELP!!! - 09/09/05 02:24 AM
There's nothing we can do in regards to a G-line, or any other kind of line like that. This is something that has been set by an IRCop on that network. I suggest you check the networks webpage for more assistance. I was unable to locate an appropriate link for the network specified.
Posted By: MaryJaneWeed Re: G-Lined HELP!!! - 09/09/05 09:15 AM
Thank you for that quick reply.I know that an IRCop gives this g-line thing.... The first time I tried it told me that I'm a flooder and G-Lined me....but I can't be a flooder becouse I haven't been online at all...and I remember before when I used to connect properly after 'Looking up your hostname' it showed 'Couldn't find your hostname' and now it says 'Found your hostname, cached' and I think the problem is in my hostname....somehow it shows up wrong on the network and the IRCop detects me as a flooder....Could that be true somehow and how can I see and eventualy may be change my hostname......something...please
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: G-Lined HELP!!! - 09/09/05 01:20 PM
Lol. You need to read the entire thing. It says "no ident response". You are being automatically g-lined for not supply the ident. Please read the sticky about "no ident response" in this forum for helpful information on this subject.
© mIRC Discussion Forums