mIRC Homepage
Posted By: blorkie XDCC doesnt work - 02/09/05 03:01 PM
Hello, i am new to this firum and i cant find what i am looking for. This is my problem.

When I am at packetnews.com and I click on a #number, then MIRC doesnt open, but a new webpage with a title like <a href="irc://irc.xxxxxx.xxx" target="_blank">irc://irc.xxxxxx.xxx</a>

I guess it has something to do with some configuration. Does this sound familiar to anyone? confused confused
Posted By: _dood_ Re: XDCC doesnt work - 02/09/05 03:01 PM
We don't help with XDCC or file sharing issues.
Posted By: blorkie Re: XDCC doesnt work - 02/09/05 03:03 PM
OK Thnx.

, do you know where I can go with this question?
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: XDCC doesnt work - 02/09/05 03:07 PM
Google is a good place to find issues that we aren't allowed to help with here. Search for packetnews and mirc and troubleshooting and you should be able to find something useful.
Posted By: blorkie Re: XDCC doesnt work - 02/09/05 03:09 PM
thnx for your help
Posted By: SladeKraven Re: XDCC doesnt work - 02/09/05 06:38 PM
Some may call me cruel or whatever but I wouldn't have sent them an URL to look on there. They said 'ok thanks' that we don't help with XDCC and file-sharing and continue to ask for further assistance.

In my opinion what we've just done is:

A burgular walks up to a house and the door is locked, trys to get in through the window but someone just took the trash out and left the door open. smile

-Andy
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: XDCC doesnt work - 02/09/05 06:41 PM
Well, that wasn't a link and who knows anything can be found searching for that stuff. I certainly didn't bother trying.

Still, point taken.
Posted By: DaveC Re: XDCC doesnt work - 04/09/05 04:58 PM
Im just waiting for the day when someone asks how to get the fserve working so they can distrubute pics of there wedding they were just at with all the other guests.

Then were all trapped, becuase mirc does have filesharing built in afterall.

But i agree, this guy was after what appears to be illegal warez so to bad for him.
© mIRC Discussion Forums