mIRC Homepage
Posted By: bapi1980 HELP ME OUT!!!! - 16/02/03 09:21 AM
I'm new to MIRC client.
Actually the problem may be very basic but i can't figure it out... I'm not able to connect to any of the servers as i'm behind firewall and also can't take use of socks as that's disabled..
IS THERE SOME OTHER WAY I CAN CONNECT. plz help me out or there is some other problem that is creating the trouble.

Thankx in advance.
Posted By: Poppy Re: HELP ME OUT!!!! - 16/02/03 09:45 AM
Need a bit more information before anyone can help out. What server/network are you connecting to? What error message are you getting? Have you given mIRC permission to connect in your firewall settings? Also, have a read through the first few posts at the top of this forum (the ones with the pin symbols) and you may find your answer there.
Posted By: Watchdog Re: HELP ME OUT!!!! - 16/02/03 09:59 AM
If your firewall blocks mIRC from connecting then the only way to make it pass through the firewall is to change the settings on the firewall to allow it.

How you go about it, of course, depends on what sort of firewall it is and where it is located on your network.

Read the firewall instructions and other attached documentation.
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: HELP ME OUT!!!! - 16/02/03 02:22 PM
In addition, if you have set the firewall option in mIRC, file/option/connect/firewall, try changing it to NONE as odds are you dont have the type of firewall that needs it set to anything else. If you dont see the word NONE when you click on the small upside down triangle/arrow there, leave your cursor in that box and use your up/down arrow keys on your keyboard.

As the others have said, you will need to go into your firewall settings and tell it to allow mIRC and the needed ports access. Usual server ports are 6660-6669, 7000-7001, 113
© mIRC Discussion Forums