mIRC Homepage
Posted By: megdy DCC "unable to connect" - 08/03/05 05:40 PM
I've recently reloaded my Windows XP HomeEdition (because my computer crashed) and ever since I redownloaded mIRC, I have been unable to DCC connect.

The DCC screens always pop up, and then after a long wait the error message "unable to connect" comes up.

I went through the help pages I could find, but nothing had an effect. I even erased my mIRC program files and re-downloaded, but it still doesn't work.

I think it might be a problem with my IP, but no options I've messed with so far have worked.

Any help would be great.
Posted By: CtrlAltDel Re: DCC "unable to connect" - 08/03/05 05:48 PM
Click
Posted By: megdy Re: DCC "unable to connect" - 08/03/05 06:01 PM
Ah, but I tried that one already. My control panel isn't formatted like that, and I can't find anything called a "security center" on my comp.
Posted By: CtrlAltDel Re: DCC "unable to connect" - 08/03/05 06:30 PM
Click Start, Control Panel, double-click Network Connections, right-click the desired connection, Properties, Advanced tab, Under Internet Connection Firewall, uncheck or check the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box.
Posted By: Skrubz Re: DCC "unable to connect" - 11/03/05 03:44 PM
I just read your response...followed the instructions precisely and I still cannot connect...any other suggestions!?!
Posted By: CtrlAltDel Re: DCC "unable to connect" - 11/03/05 04:31 PM
What version of mIRC? What type of internet connection?
Posted By: Skrubz Re: DCC "unable to connect" - 12/03/05 04:10 PM
Using mIRC 6.16...and...connected to 'Cable'...Have WinXP Pro o/s
Posted By: Skrubz Re: DCC "unable to connect" - 16/03/05 12:45 PM
hmmmmm....ok....guess I am alone trying to resolve this...but...hey....thanx anyway y'all!!
© mIRC Discussion Forums