mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Nade Network is unreachable. PLEASE HELP! - 18/02/05 10:50 PM
Okay, the past 2 days I have not been able to connect to an irc server I like very much. I'v never had this problem before. I have XP SP2 and I configured the firewall to unblock mirc and everything. I really need help please! I also have a router, but it has never been a problem before.

I have been getting this :
Unable to connect to server (Network is unreachable)
Posted By: Mentality Re: Network is unreachable. PLEASE HELP! - 19/02/05 06:19 AM
Can you connect to other IRC networks?

This error is basically when the network is down, which is of course something that cannot be helped other than by the server admins. A technical explanation is here.

If the net has a website try visiting it for contact emails and see what's going on.

Regards,
Posted By: Nade Re: Network is unreachable. PLEASE HELP! - 20/02/05 04:56 PM
I forgot to mention that, the server isn't down because I know people that are on. Yes, I can connect to other servers. Another thing is, I can connect to it with a proxy, which is very weird.
Posted By: Phant0m Re: Network is unreachable. PLEASE HELP! - 20/02/05 05:42 PM
Hi Nade

What is the IRC Network you trying to connect on? What IRC server you using to get on this IRC Network?

What software firewall you use? Does it have Application filtering?

Reason why I ask, I want you to do in Command Prompt (CMD in Start\Run…) and type; nslookup <server named addy>

So if you using application filtering firewall make sure you authorize nslookup.
Once doing nslookup paste the end results here for me to see, thanks.
© mIRC Discussion Forums