mIRC Homepage
hi aLL,

i have a big problem:

everetime i try to connect to an irc server (e.g. q-net, eu-irc) my complete internet connection is getting down.

if i connect to a server it works some seconds but then nothing works..

this is the message i'll get from the server:

Quote:

* Connecting to irc.quakenet.org (6669)
-
-irc.quakenet.org- *** Looking up your hostname
-
-irc.quakenet.org- *** Checking Ident
-
* Identd request from 217.75.98.138
* Identd replied: 34890, 6669 : USERID : UNIX : stiLLa
-
-irc.quakenet.org- *** Found your hostname
-
-irc.quakenet.org- *** Got ident response
-
Ping? Pong!
-
Welcome to the Internet Relay Network, stiLLa
Your host is port80a.se.quakenet.org, running version u2.10.11.04+asuka(1.0.6a)
This server was created Sun Nov 23 2003 at 14:27:30 CET
port80a.se.quakenet.org u2.10.11.04+asuka(1.0.6a) dioswkgxXInR biklmnopstvrDcCNu bklov
WHOX WALLCHOPS WALLVOICES USERIP CPRIVMSG CNOTICE SILENCE=15 MODES=6 MAXCHANNELS=20 MAXBANS=45 NICKLEN=15 TOPICLEN=250 AWAYLEN=160 KICKLEN=250 are supported by this server
CHANTYPES=#& PREFIX=(ov)@+ CHANMODES=b,k,l,imnpstrDcCNu CASEMAPPING=rfc1459 NETWORK=QuakeNet are supported by this server
-
There are 61511 users and 149082 invisible on 42 servers
79 operator(s) online
329 unknown connection(s)
191352 channels formed

i'll tried to reinstall mirc but this wont work.
i cant be the isp cause i moved to an other house a month ago and now i have a new provider etc.

i connect through a router. i tested without a router but no effect..

sorry for my bad english :tongue:
i hope you can help me smile

-- cYa stiLLa --
What you pasted shows you fully connected to the irc network so maybe its a virus or a trojan ry using that housecall virus scanner
sorry to interfeer but i have almost the same problem. I mean... when i try to connect to the server I receive a strange message, something like :
* Connecting to graz2.at.eu.undernet.org (6666)
-
-graz2.at.eu.undernet.org- *** Looking up your hostname
-
-graz2.at.eu.undernet.org- *** Checking Ident
-
-graz2.at.eu.undernet.org- *** Couldn't look up your hostname
-
-graz2.at.eu.undernet.org- *** No ident response
-
Ping? Pong!
-
[59] Please install identd to identify abusers.
-
Closing Link: o_dulcica by Bucharest.Ro.Eu.Undernet.Org (G-lined)
-
* Disconnected
confused Please help me. What can I do? I also tryed to reinstall the mirc but that was no use... the problem is still there. crazy
I have no firewall.
"[59] Please install identd to identify abusers"
You need to be able to respond to identd requests
/identd on YourIdent
If that doesnt solve the problem look in the stickies above theres plenty of help there
that with /identd on MyIdentd does not resolve my problem
they just tell me that my ident is on... but the problem is still there crazy
Did you look at the sticky threads as suggested? Particularly the one titled 'enable identd' wink

Regards,
yes.... i`ve post a new one in the enable identd topic but... they just won't answer me.... i already spent 2 hours waiting fot the reply... i know there are also many people facing this kind of problems but...
i found some help there but.... now i have to complete my mirc->options->connection->identd with my user id and u just don`t know what is that and where i can get one crazy plizzzz... help wink
I generaly just put my nickname
it dosn't work if i put my nick'name in there crazy
what alse can i do? crazy
You don't just post there and wait for a reply. You read the information in that thread, follow the links, and follow the info that relates to you.

For example, do you have a firewall? Windows XP (which has a built in firewall you might not know of)? A router? All of the above? Are you on a network of some sort (school/college/uni/work/cybercafe)?

Read the info, for most people that have ident issues it is not as simple as just typing /identd on IdentHere.

Regards,
i know! and i read it all and followed the links that are related to me and nothing works.
i already turned my firewall off and now my computer is exposed to viruses and all sorts of bad things may happen to it (as you allready know)
i have no firewalll on my computer
i am in a home network but untill now my mirc was funcionable
i just don't know what to do with it
© mIRC Discussion Forums