mIRC Homepage
Posted By: vangurin UNABLE TO RESOLVE SERVER - 13/12/02 02:13 PM
Every server i am trying to connect to comes with the same message. UNABLE TO RESOLVE SERVER. what is wrong???
Posted By: Wiggle Re: UNABLE TO RESOLVE SERVER - 13/12/02 02:43 PM
Hi,

that means it cannot find or resolve the IP for the address you want to connect to. One of the reasons for that could be that the address simply does not exist (check spelling) or that the server you are trying to connect to is down for some reason. (Or that you are not connected to the internet).

If the spelling of the address is correct, the server is probably down (or DNS is down), try another server of that network. Most networks have several servers and most of the time you can find other server addresses on the IRC network's website.

Good luck!

Wiggle
Posted By: Poppy Re: UNABLE TO RESOLVE SERVER - 13/12/02 04:14 PM
What network are you trying to connect to? Are you trying random servers, or typing in specific servers?
Posted By: yodaddi Re: UNABLE TO RESOLVE SERVER - 28/12/02 02:55 AM
i get this message too. it identifies my local host but won't connect. what am i doing wrong? what should i do? and i'm also trying all the random servers. how do i correct the address, if it's is mispelled?
Posted By: Collective Re: UNABLE TO RESOLVE SERVER - 28/12/02 03:19 AM
yodaddi, to help you we need to know what networks you are trying to connect to. Also other information like what connection your using would be helpful.
Posted By: yodaddi Re: UNABLE TO RESOLVE SERVER - 28/12/02 11:39 PM
collective:

i'm trying to connect to any server that'll accept me. under IRC network i selected "all". and started w/ "random us.dal.net server. and i'm using a cable modem. is that what you meant by what connection i'm using? i appreciate your help.
Posted By: Hammer Re: UNABLE TO RESOLVE SERVER - 29/12/02 07:10 AM
You might want to read this thread. It explains this problem fairly well.
© mIRC Discussion Forums