mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Alblast Unable to connect (Connection refused) - 27/10/04 01:04 PM
my problem is when i try to connect 2 a server is cant get connected and all my settings are the same as a frend of mine and he can get on the server and i dont.
what can i do about it? confused
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: Unable to connect (Connection refused) - 27/10/04 09:09 PM
Without knowing the exact error message you are getting, its hard to help. One suggestion, have your friend /dns the server and then you try connecting to the ip rather than the domain. (like /server 123.123.123.123 instead of /server blah.blah.blah.blah) or try other servers for that network. You might want to read thru the Unable to connect thread
Posted By: Armada Re: Unable to connect (Connection refused) - 04/11/04 09:11 AM
Connection Refused usualy means you spelled the server wrong or the port your trying to use isnt correct
Posted By: VivekP Re: Unable to connect (Connection refused) - 06/11/04 05:40 PM
I have had similar problems using MIRC recently after upgrading to SP2 and norton antivirus 2005.

Disabling Norton Antivirus solved the problem for me
and I got connected.
Posted By: Armada Re: Unable to connect (Connection refused) - 07/11/04 08:11 AM
funny norton 05 sp2 no problems
© mIRC Discussion Forums