mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Gruven DCC Timeout - Port issue? - 17/10/04 06:39 AM
Here's the scenario:

I'm trying to receive a file and the dcc status window says "accepting send" but nothing actually goes through. The message window says I should set my dcc to receive. But it ends up timing out.

I have received DCC files from others before..

It appears as though the originator is using a valid IP (not local - ie. 192.x.x.x); however the port ranges from 40000-400020. Does this matter? Do I have to set something up specifically in mirc to allow to receive ?

My PC is on the firewall, but I've set it on the DMZ for the time being.
Posted By: Debug Re: DCC Timeout - Port issue? - 17/10/04 06:46 AM
Try this:
/dcc ignore off
and
Alt O => Connect => Local Host, select "Server" and leave "Local Host" and "IP Adress" blank. And reconnect..
Posted By: Gruven Re: DCC Timeout - Port issue? - 17/10/04 06:48 AM
Sorry.. forgot to state that I've tried those already..

any other suggestions?
Posted By: Mentality Re: DCC Timeout - Port issue? - 17/10/04 12:38 PM
You might try other ports, generally for best results you should use a port range within 1024-5000 (I, for example, use 4000-4001). Good to have consecutive ports too.

Do you have any other firewalls? For example, if you use Windows XP, it has a built-in firewall, is that disabled? Double checked? (If you recently installed SP2 for example it will re-enable it).

You might want to check out www.mirc.co.uk/help/getproblems.html - otherwise, it might be the sender's end that is the issue. The fact you've received files off others would suggest it is. Tell them to check out the Can't DCC Send thread at the top of this forum and see if it's their end causing the issues - it usually is in a DCC transfer.

Edit:

Quote:
he message window says I should set my dcc to receive

'Set your client to receive the transfer', do you mean? If so, check out the DCC Pending sticky thread at the top of this forum, and heed the warning on file sharing.

Regards,
© mIRC Discussion Forums