mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Deaths_Rival Disconnected after a connection! - 13/07/04 08:29 PM
Hi, I've used mIRC b4 and I used to be able to connect to mIRC regularly. But somehow, I get disconnected after I connect. Example :

* Connecting to irc.gamesurge.net (6667)
-
-irc.gamesurge.net- *** Looking up your hostname
-
-irc.gamesurge.net- *** Checking Ident
-
-irc.gamesurge.net- *** Found your hostname
-
-irc.gamesurge.net- *** No ident response
-
Ping? Pong!
-
Welcome to the GameSurge IRC Network via Netfire, DeathsRival
Your host is NetFire.TX.US.GameSurge.net, running version u2.10.11.06+GameSurge-1.1.0
This server was created Sat Jan 31 2004 at 21:12:45 CST
NetFire.TX.US.GameSurge.net u2.10.11.06+GameSurge-1.1.0 dioswkgx biklmnopstvrDcC bklov
WHOX WALLCHOPS WALLVOICES USERIP CPRIVMSG CNOTICE SILENCE=15 MODES=6 MAXCHANNELS=20 MAXBANS=45 NICKLEN=30 MAXNICKLEN=30 are supported by this server
TOPICLEN=300 AWAYLEN=200 KICKLEN=300 CHANTYPES=#& PREFIX=(ov)@+ CHANMODES=b,k,l,imnpstrDcC CASEMAPPING=rfc1459 NETWORK=GameSurge are supported by this server
-
There are 24136 users and 20234 invisible on 25 servers
61 operator(s) online
1 unknown connection(s)
50754 channels formed
I have 7199 clients and 1 servers
-
-NetFire.TX.US.GameSurge.net- Highest connection count: 8538 (8537 clients)
-
MOTD File is missing
-
-NetFire.TX.US.GameSurge.net- on 1 ca 1(4) ft 10(10)
-
* Disconnected
-
* /authserv: not connected to server
-
* Connecting to 195.68.206.250 (6667)
-
* Disconnected

Please help! I'm using a router and I have ADSL from SBC Yahoo internet provider.
Posted By: ScoT Re: Disconnected after a connection! - 13/07/04 09:27 PM
try enabling Identd in any open mIRC window

/Identd on nick you can use any nick word but make sure its valid letters and not some weird characters like $%u*^ and so on

You should go to your router setup page and also open/forward port 113 from the Router to the (Internal) IP of the PC you are trying to connect with, to find out that IP
again in any open mIRC window type /localinfo -h , after it shows your local IP type /localinfo -u to return your IP to normal

ScoT
#mIRC Undernet
Posted By: Deaths_Rival Re: Disconnected after a connection! - 14/07/04 01:20 AM
I did all of those stuff but it doesnt seem to work still. I just kept gettin disconnected once I get connected. Should I reinstall mIRC?
Posted By: ScoT Re: Disconnected after a connection! - 15/07/04 08:10 PM
We actually need a bit more info, such as is it only happening on Gamesurge, have you tried other networks, what version of mIRC are you running,

Your error shows no Ident reply, yet you say you forwarded port 113.. ?? are you sure

ScoT
#mIRC Undernet
© mIRC Discussion Forums