mIRC Homepage
Posted By: poseina invalid username - 29/05/04 09:53 PM
Since this morning, May 28, 2004, everytime when I have tried to connect to the Dankun. net server, it has appeared to be closing because of "Invalid username"
What does this mean?
And What I have to do ?
THe error message says; "Closing Link: 0.0.0.0 (Invalid username [강석준23])"

Please help me find out soultions for this problem.
Posted By: Mentality Re: invalid username - 29/05/04 10:13 PM
'Username' is basically another word for your IdentD. It cannot contain certain characters. Try changing it to something which contains only letters, for example, 'munky'. To do this, simply use /identd on munky.

You may also wish to see this thread and this page.

Hope this helps smile

Regards,
Posted By: poseina Re: invalid username - 29/05/04 11:10 PM
THank you so much for your help.
However, I don't think that your suggestion helps me
to solve this problem because it still doesnt work at all.
I tried a lot of times to change my username and did it.
But it still appears Closing Link: 0.0.0.0 (Invalid username [강석준23])..

It even cannot affect the previous username in the
bracket in the error message above. I tried to change it into munky as you suggested but the new username that I have tried to put does not appear at all. and the error message still appears in the same way above.
Now I am trying to contact operator of the Dankun. net
...I appreciate your help anyways..THanks
Posted By: Mentality Re: invalid username - 29/05/04 11:21 PM
You may have a script or even a virus that is forcing your Ident reply to be incorrect. Try typing /remote off and then connect, or unload all scripts you have. Alternatively, download the latest version of mIRC (6.14) and install it to a new directory and see if the same thing happens with that client.

As viruses often do affect IdentD too, especially with such a bizarre concoction of seemingly random characters, you might consider running 2-3 virus scans on your system. See the tips and use the resources, in this thread.

As you are doing, it is a good idea to contact the administration and see if they have any odd server-side filtration methods.

Regards,
Posted By: Magus Re: invalid username - 03/06/04 09:04 PM
Make sure your email address is set properly and does not contain any special characters.
© mIRC Discussion Forums