mIRC Homepage
Posted By: module DSL & mIRC (Can't DCC CHAT/SEND) - 04/01/04 10:37 PM
I don't know if tihs has been posted, way too many posts to look through, if it has, my apologizes. I figured this out for myself and helped a few other people that had the same problem. The problem is, mIRC retreives the Internal IP either from the Router/NIC/Etc (not too sure if my terms are correct, not too familiar with this stuff yet). Anyways, here's a little script you can add in the Remotes section. (NOTE; If you're using a Vhost (virtual host) this won't work. The server you connect to gathers you're IP and Hostname supplied to you by your ISP not the Internal IP/Host. Here's the small code that should help:
ON *:CONNECT:{
if (($ip) && ($host)) { .localinfo $host $ip }
}

Hope this helps a few people smile
Posted By: Collective Re: DSL & mIRC (Can't DCC CHAT/SEND) - 04/01/04 11:18 PM
While it might help I'm not sure that it will. $host and $ip return the host and IP mIRC already know about, and /localhost changes the host and IP mIRC know about.

Changing the lookup method to "Server" in mIRC Options -> Connect -> Local Info should fix it for people who aren't using vhosts/etc.
Posted By: module Re: DSL & mIRC (Can't DCC CHAT/SEND) - 05/01/04 01:37 AM
Yeah I forgot about that lol. *shakes his head* I'ma bit rusty heh...
Posted By: Rza5000 Re: DSL & mIRC (Can't DCC CHAT/SEND) - 11/01/04 06:55 AM
I tried running the script... got nothing. I'm running a DSL behind WIreless Linksys w/ router + firewall. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: Mentality Re: DSL & mIRC (Can't DCC CHAT/SEND) - 11/01/04 06:45 PM
Quote:
I don't know if tihs has been posted, way too many posts to look through

You can use the Search feature to find other posts, as many topics have already been covered. Make sure you search for something like "DSL" or "Router" rather than "I'm having DSL and Router problems". For best results, expand to 'All Forums' and expand the date range to 'All Posts' smile

G'luck!

Regards,
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: DSL & mIRC (Can't DCC CHAT/SEND) - 12/01/04 12:58 AM
try this thread

remember the problem could be in many places (firewall/router/dsl settings/ip mismatch, etc), try the things that apply to you in that thread one at a time.
© mIRC Discussion Forums