mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Talka Timestamp Problem :-( - 25/10/03 11:40 PM
I am in NZ and we started our daylight savings 3-4 weeks ago. Last night, the rest of the world caught up. The problem is now, with the new mirc versions, both 6.1 & 6.12, my timestamp is an hour behind. Is there a fix for this ? Being in the Southern Hemisphere, our clocks went forward, but because the Northern Hemisphere goes backwards, so does my timestamp. Can anyone help ? Thank.
Posted By: karmakillernz Re: Timestamp Problem :-( - 25/10/03 11:51 PM
Hey. I'm also in NZ and I noticed the same thing. Restarting mIRC doesn't do anything. :\
Posted By: Talka Re: Timestamp Problem :-( - 25/10/03 11:54 PM
Hiya, yeah, it isn't a major problem but more of an annoyance. Am sure it is just a bug and it doesn't happen with version 6.03. I tend to rely on my timestamp rather than my puter clock. Just hope it can be sorted or there is an easy remedy.
Posted By: RaindaeL Re: Timestamp Problem :-( - 26/10/03 12:19 AM
well it is a big issue with me...... I'm in Tasmania, I toooo changed my clock back at the beginning of October, and it's going to prove inconvenient when I have to go back through my logs, how can I trust the timestamping, and I now need to remember when America and the rest of the world changed their clocks mad
Posted By: aLliao Re: Timestamp Problem :-( - 26/10/03 03:41 AM
arrghh.. same here. definetely frustrated..
went to sleep feeling ultra tired and the clock only said 2:30am..
anyone to turn off this internal daylight saving mechanism?

help!~~
Posted By: Talka Re: Timestamp Problem :-( - 26/10/03 03:52 AM
I think the rest of the world will be waking up in a few hours so I hope then that we get a fix. It is getting a bit frustrating now cos I feel I have more hours in the day when I actually don't ! LOL, gotta laugh though. Really appreciate some help though.
Posted By: RaindaeL Re: Timestamp Problem :-( - 26/10/03 04:15 AM
I started out by asking the ircops on the network I was on, didn't think to go check another network at that point, cos I just presumed it was something they did, and they all got nasty with me, saying that daylight savings only just started, and told me mine clocks didn't change 3 weeks ago etc, as if I wouldn't know when my clocks changed!!!!!
Posted By: ozyvent Re: Timestamp Problem :-( - 26/10/03 11:12 AM
LOL how funny.. I just came to ask the same thing...

I'm in Victoria, Australia. As the time stands now, my computer clock says 10:12pm... mIRC says 9:12pm.

If anyone knows, please help smile
Posted By: Watchdog Re: Timestamp Problem :-( - 26/10/03 11:20 AM
Looks like a bug in mIRC. Same is hapening to me on Win XP/ V6.12/New South Wales which also started daylight saving last weekend. Personally I hate daylight saving and wish the rest of the world would follow the Northern Territory's lead and simply not have it at all.

Still, for the time-being mIRC should support it.
Posted By: SpaceBoy Re: Timestamp Problem :-( - 26/10/03 12:42 PM
I also notice it being an hour out when asctime is used in scripts...
Posted By: nutteh Re: Timestamp Problem :-( - 26/10/03 03:56 PM
Yep Same thing here, its a total pain in the ass
all my scripts have a cry
(stuff like away @ 9.... when it should be 10 :\)
Hopefully there is a work around until the next verson of mirc is released shocked
Posted By: Taslim Re: Timestamp Problem :-( - 26/10/03 11:32 PM
is it possible to re-set the value of $asctime or $daylight ?
Posted By: SpaceBoy Re: Timestamp Problem :-( - 27/10/03 12:15 AM
just checked 6.03 and this dosn't happen, so definatly 6.12 issue...hope they fix it soooon!!!!
Posted By: aLliao Re: Timestamp Problem :-( - 27/10/03 09:32 AM
suddenly i find myself sleeping an hour later.
my own non-daylight saving zone.
err.. quite bad :P
Posted By: Talka Re: Timestamp Problem :-( - 27/10/03 10:01 AM
Well, I had hoped we may have had a fix by now or at least, an acknowledgement that there was a problem. Hence the reason I posted here at miIRC.com. This is the home of mIRC is it not ? Can anyone just tell us that there is a bug and it will be fixed at some stage as it is getting a tad annoying now. Thanks.
Posted By: nutteh Re: Timestamp Problem :-( - 27/10/03 10:12 AM
Ive decided just to work around it with windows
Open up the clock and go to timezone
Untick Adjust clock for daylight savings, then manually put it foward an hour.
Its not the best way to do things, but It will do until there is a patch for it
Posted By: DekuHaze Re: Timestamp Problem :-( - 27/10/03 11:32 AM
Check out the 'Bug Reports' forum. We've had a thread going on this problem there too smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums