mIRC Homepage
Posted By: molitar Hide Ping! Pong! option checked but... - 20/07/03 03:23 PM
I start mIrc by joining a specific server and on the perform option of that server I have...

/nick <name>
/msg NickServ IDENTIFY <pass>
/join #<channel> <key>
/server -m irc.cerf.net:6666

Now when I do the join using the -m switch in the peform mIrc 6.03 seems to ignore the checkbox saying hide ping! pong! so I keep getting these stupid pings from the second server. Is their a command switch to hide ping! pong! events? Or is this a bug in mIrc I discovered?
I can't reproduce it, you have any scripts loaded? Some may be responding to the event.
Posted By: molitar Re: Hide Ping! Pong! option checked but... - 20/07/03 11:51 PM
I do have an old script installed it's very old Do Or Die from a long time ago. If you can tell me what event to look for I can see if something is interfering. I never had a chance to find another nice easy to use script that has bot commands, remote op capability, as well as a few fun stuff in it without being too much of a burden. Perhaps you can recommend something more up todate for me?
Well you would be looking for an ON *:PING or ON *:PONG event in the script itself.

Also you mentioned bot, does this mean this is all for a bot? I have one I personally made on ym website if you are interested. Has seveal commands and user levels, autojoin, auto-identify, etc. Also ^op, ^deop, things of that nature. Might be worthwhile to check it out. >:D
Posted By: molitar Re: Hide Ping! Pong! option checked but... - 22/07/03 02:44 PM
Not for bot itself but for bot commands and maintenance. General bot control. And good for xdcc commands too since when I use xdcc I don't have to type entire command just right click on one with xdcc and send xdcc message with a popup window that asks me to type in trigger.

Thanks for the quick reply.. I'll search the script for them two commands. And what is the ym site?
© mIRC Discussion Forums