mIRC Homepage
Posted By: DOD_Blaze How to make my mIRC files download faster? - 16/06/03 02:22 AM
^ Subject

I have Cable and it doesn't go fast enough.

HELP!! plz
Well if you use a program such as morpheus or kazaa you will notice that your downloads will go a hell of alot faster than using mIRC. They are specifically created for that purpose. The mIRC client is specifically designed for "Chatting" not illegal filesharing.
All of the above, plus..

Downloading cannot be made faster. In a DCC send, the slower connection always takes precedence..even if you have a 1mbps cable connection, if you're downloading off of someone with dialup, it will go at 3-4kbps anyway.

You can speed up sends with 3 commands:

/fsend on
/pdcc on
/dcc packetsize 8192

Bare in mind, these only sometimes speed up sends...and even then, it's almost unnoticeable smile

Happy illegal file sharin'

Regards,
Incidentally, there are several scripts and programs out there that claim to speed up DCC's and as far as I know all of them are trojans.
indeed, i downloaded 1 that used a dll, and the 1st channel i went into it threw 50+ clones in there and got me a bad name mad
GO CABLE BABY.........4MEG CONNECTION!

what is all this i hear about Kazaa and Imesh being quicker than IRC.......it must be because i am in the south of england....but my downloads on MIRC are phenominal!!!!
for a 512k bb connection....i get a constant 60k.......
with kazaa......with all the tight arseoles out there i am lucky to get 20k!
i arrange kazza files best bandwidth to worst n if the bandwidth is 800 + i normally get 60kbps :tongue:
© mIRC Discussion Forums