mIRC Homepage

How to make my mIRC files download faster?

Posted By: DOD_Blaze

How to make my mIRC files download faster? - 16/06/03 02:22 AM

^ Subject

I have Cable and it doesn't go fast enough.

HELP!! plz
Posted By: The_Game

Re: How to make my mIRC files download faster? - 16/06/03 06:26 AM

Well if you use a program such as morpheus or kazaa you will notice that your downloads will go a hell of alot faster than using mIRC. They are specifically created for that purpose. The mIRC client is specifically designed for "Chatting" not illegal filesharing.
Posted By: Mentality

Re: How to make my mIRC files download faster? - 16/06/03 03:53 PM

All of the above, plus..

Downloading cannot be made faster. In a DCC send, the slower connection always takes precedence..even if you have a 1mbps cable connection, if you're downloading off of someone with dialup, it will go at 3-4kbps anyway.

You can speed up sends with 3 commands:

/fsend on
/pdcc on
/dcc packetsize 8192

Bare in mind, these only sometimes speed up sends...and even then, it's almost unnoticeable smile

Happy illegal file sharin'

Regards,
Posted By: starbucks_mafia

Re: How to make my mIRC files download faster? - 16/06/03 10:01 PM

Incidentally, there are several scripts and programs out there that claim to speed up DCC's and as far as I know all of them are trojans.
Posted By: pheonix

Re: How to make my mIRC files download faster? - 17/06/03 02:44 PM

indeed, i downloaded 1 that used a dll, and the 1st channel i went into it threw 50+ clones in there and got me a bad name mad
Posted By: NaStRo

Re: How to make my mIRC files download faster? - 17/06/03 05:19 PM

GO CABLE BABY.........4MEG CONNECTION!

what is all this i hear about Kazaa and Imesh being quicker than IRC.......it must be because i am in the south of england....but my downloads on MIRC are phenominal!!!!
for a 512k bb connection....i get a constant 60k.......
with kazaa......with all the tight arseoles out there i am lucky to get 20k!
Posted By: pheonix

Re: How to make my mIRC files download faster? - 17/06/03 06:03 PM

i arrange kazza files best bandwidth to worst n if the bandwidth is 800 + i normally get 60kbps :tongue:
© 2020 mIRC Discussion Forums