mIRC Homepage
Posted By: StevexY Listing favorite channels - 15/10/22 09:27 PM
Each time I upgrade mIRC, my list of favorite channels disappears and I have to construct it again. This is not so easy because I don't type out channel names to join my fav channels; I just click their name under "Favorites". Because you don't regularly type the names of channels, you forget how they are spelled, and its a struggle each time to get my channels back.
Could you please change mIRC so it preserves your old Favorites list when you do an upgrade?
Posted By: maroon Re: Listing favorite channels - 18/10/22 07:00 PM
Did this happen when you upgraded to v7.71? Is your favorites list being kept inside mirc.ini as the [chanfolder] section as it used to be, or as the new default of a separate channels.ini file?

At least in the 7.71 installer, it has optional choices during the install, and has several checkboxes for things like the servers list, or the favorites being kept in channels.ini is listed separately. If you choose 'full', then yes all boxes including 'favorites' and 'server list' are checked. But if you choose 'upgrade', then those 2 boxes are not checked. I did a test 'upgrade' install of 7.71 on top of an existing install, and it did not reset my edited favorites.
© mIRC Discussion Forums